This is an extremely beefy variant of the Chargin' Chuck sprite. Imagine a Chuck that found the Speed Booster from Super Metroid and... well, that's what this is. It will charge through blocks and other sprites, stopping at nothing to catch up with the player! The blocks it can destroy are defines by a list in the .asm file, see the comments at the top of the file for information about that and more cusomization options.
Setting the first extra property byte to 0x80 will turn the sprite into its playable version. This mode is pretty clunky and we mostly included it for fun, but feel free to use it. You can actually shinespark with the player-controlled version! (not shown because of gif size limitations, please try it yourself!)
Requested for the Strongest Sprite Workshop 2020 by AntiDuck.
Tested with: Lunar Magic 3.21, PIXI 1.32, SA-1 1.32, Snes9x 1.60. The sprite works pretty well overall, so accepted. A few notes:
- Only somewhat major issue I found is that the Chuck can hurt you even if you're behind a net. Since this is a fairly niche case, it didn't seem worth a rejection.
- The GFX takes up almost an entire SP slot, so be wary of that.
- The afterimages when the Chuck starts running at ludicrous speed are actually separate sprites, so pay attention about sprite limits (no problem if you use SA-1). If you want to remove them, set !afterimagetime = 0.
- The Chuck cannot be hurt by most normal means like star power, Mario/Yoshi fireballs, cape twirl/slam, bounce blocks, Yoshi stomp. It can be hurt by throwing items at it, and it will die immediately when falling in a pit.
- The playable version is pretty funny but quite janky, so it would probably be more fit for a bonus room or something like that.