This patch creates a prompt that lets players choose whether to quickly restart a level without visiting the overworld after dying. Probably useful for hard or kaizo-light difficulty hacks. Now compatible with Lunar Magic 3.00!
- fast reset
- easily configurable multiple checkpoints
LM's level transition hack is required in order to make this patch work properly. It's silently installed to your ROM when you check the "Use separate settings for Midway Entrance" option for a midway entrance in any level and save the ROM with LM.
- It's now compatible with Ladida's Mario DMA patches (this also includes Custom Powerups)
- Removed some window garbage that may appear upon closing the retry prompt
- Fixed communication with Individual Dragon Coin Save patch (requires using my update) GitHub
- Updated Sprite Initial Facing fix to fix an issue when using entrance method 2, to reflect the update to the standalone patch. Thanks to Darolac for reporting this.
- Fixed bugs when dying to the intro level, where sometimes the player would get warped from C5 to 1C5 when using LM's sprite 19 fix (and it's now compatible with the new fix introduced in LM 3.20).
- Added compatibility with SA-1 pack v1.35+, by automatically remapping the windowing channel and fixing garbage tiles from appearing in the prompt when using SA-1 v1.40+ (MaxTile).
- Added defines to easily change the palettes used by the letters and cursor in the retry prompt.
- Changed SA-1 freeram from $40B4XX to $40C0XX to avoid conflicts with MaxTile.
- Fixed game crash with the erase file menu when using !midway_sram = 1 on lorom (thanks worldpeace for the fix!).