This is a tear down, build up hack that is aiming to be simple and much easier than Sweet N' Sour.
Beginner Kaizo meets Standard hard.
Some small sections are relatively simple, whilst others may wield a challenge.
Same BG's, new music, new palettes, new levels (a few levels only have small changes from SNS, some are entirely new)
I set myself a task of repurposing our old hack and giving it new life within a short span of time, this is what happened!
Enjoy the trails of the Ninji in Ninji Story made by Lush_50.
16 exits any%
27 exits for 100%
* Most levels have a "Comic/Skit" where Ninji dies in style, these are my secret rooms! inspired by Bsolt and Barbarian
- There are only a handful of shell related tricks (as apposed to Sweet N' Sour)
- Difficulty is around quickie world 2 merged with standard medium difficulty, odd mix, but it works!
- 5 worlds including special world.
- Variety of ASM used ( This is great for beginners to learn a few chocolate aspects of kaizo )
- Bite sized levels! Most of the levels are extremely generous and not long.
- A new creepy boo awaits the chosen warrior on a quest to save this land once more.
- Thoughtful trolls, there are only 4 kaizo block "sections" in the entire game.
If you want a bigger challenge, see "Sweet N' Sour" By Bsolt and I or "Kibeth takes a walk" by Bsolt.
- The disco ball does flash random sprites in one of the palaces, it was either that or a corrupt p switch msg box, I opted for the first.
Stay posted for our future hacks! (Bsolt and I plan to work together again soon!)
*An initial 1.1 release will happen as I know people will attempt to break the game and find broken
things I may have missed, feel free to comment what you find below!
I have tried to clean up to my best current ability, but as a dev, oversights are a thing.
As someone who's never played kaizo before, I'm surprised I could make it past one level, let alone finish the game. I can't really say anything about the level design as I'm not familiar with kaizo levels.
My one complaint about the hack is the visuals. The palettes look weird/bad and the player sprite is just the 2 pre-existing sprites from SMB2 All-Stars (there isn't even a running animation). The rest is fine.
I played this without knowing much about Lush's redesigns and reimagining of our levels and was not involved in the dev or testing. Lush knows I am up front with my feedback on kaizo design and especially upfront with him on his work.
I HAD A BLAST.
This is a reimagining that is just plain fun. It's fairly easy (has maybe 1 or 2 'more' challenging tricks') and the design is top notch, provides good flow, and overall a rewarding play experience. The trolls and secrets are funny and adds to the experience. Kudos Lush and I look forward to collaborating in the future again.
A pretty fun and easy adaptation of Sweet n' Sour.
The levels keep the theme of their SnS level, but significantly reduce the difficulty while adding a few new ideas.
Most of the levels are different enough to still be fun after playing SnS.
I would recommend this hack to beginners.
Good work Lush.