What do you need?
• QUsb2Snes (You can get the latest version here)
• One of the supported devices
• One of the supported hacks
• Splits for this hack
• Fxpak Pro (Install firmware based on these instructions: http://usb2snes.com/)
• SNES Classic (See installation guide here)
• Copy "LiveSplit.USB2SNESSplitter.dll" to your LiveSplit-folder "LiveSplit/Components"
• In Livesplit -> Edit Layout…
• Add -> Control -> USB2SNES Auto Splitter
• Connect your device via USB with your computer and start QUsb2Snes
• Layout Settings (lower left corner) -> choose tab 'USB2SNES Auto Splitter'
• Click 'Autodetect' next to Device to find your device (if it is not detected, make sure the correct firmware is installed, connection is working and QUsb2Snes is running)
• Config file: Choose the config file corresponding to the hack. A config file works for all categories of a romhack.
• Set correct exits for your splits. Default settings for hacks are level names (followed by (S) for secret exits). Settings can be changed in the config file or
through the drop-down menus next to your splits in Layout Settings
• Attention: For a hack to be recognized correctly, the correct Game Name has to be set in LiveSplit (Best done with Autocomplete in 'Edit Splits...')
LiveSplit.Kaizo does not work on all hacks and has to be adjusted individually for other hacks. By now these hacks work without issues:
Baby Kaizo World
Climb The Tower
Grand Poo World 2
Quickie World 2
If you wish for a specific hack, let me know and I'll have a look on implementing it.
I'm always happy to hear about critic and suggestions to improving this tool!
- Casio Mario World
have been added to the list of supported hacks