This game would not have been the same without everything these people provided!
A big thanks to everyone!
*Please note that I DO NOT give anyone permission to sell the patch or a pre-patched version of the ROM in any way
and I DO NOT give anyone permission to share a pre-patched version of the ROM online. Thank you!*
How To Patch:
1. Download and install the latest version of Flips. Found here: https://www.smwcentral.net/?a=details&id=11474&p=section
2. Once installed, open Flips application.
3. Click on 'Apply Patch'.
4. Upon the 'Select Patches to Use' prompt, select the patch for 'Super Mario and the Grand Star'.
5. Upon the 'Select File to Patch' prompt, select your legally obtained Super Mario 64 ROM.
6. Upon the 'Select Output File' prompt, select a location to save your patched ROM, and click 'Save'.
7. Load your patched ROM with your emulator of choice.
*Please note that this hack is not intended for console play*
*The .sml file is NOT for patching, see below for how to set up .sml file (optional)*
.SML FILE INFORMATION
The .sml file included is intended for use with Aglab2's Star Display application.
It is not required to play, but it can be useful.
How to load .sml:
1. Download and install Star Display. Found here: https://github.com/aglab2/SM64StarDisplay
2. Once installed, drag the .sml file to the "layouts" folder.
3. Open Star Display application, which will properly launch when you load your patched ROM in your emulator.
4. If the proper layout is not already loaded, right click the display and go to 'Layout'--->'Load From...'.
5. Load the proper .sml file.
*Game still crashes on 'Save and Quit', but it should still save your progress regardless*
Thank you for playing, and I hope that you all enjoy 'Quicksand Galore 64'!