|Name:||Aeron's Golden Cookie Quest|
|Type:||Standard: Very Hard|
|Description:||Aeron's Golden Cookie Quest is an old-school styled hack, that has inpiration in various videogames, including Kirby, Mega Man, Castlevania, Ganbare Goemon, Shinobi, Mario and others. Instead of inspiring myself in any hack creator, I wanted to make this project as a love letter for videogames and I plan to achieve that with this hack.
That's not to mean that there isn't SMW hack inspirations, because there's some fews, including: Mario in Japan (a CLDC entry made by Hadron in 2010), FPI's The Second Reality series, Luigi Adventure series by Anikiti (A bit of aesthetics), Wakana Land, and a small sprinkle of kaizo stuff I've seen streamers playing, before I joined Discord in 2020.
Prepare to die a lot and good luck, I didn't add any retry door or retry pipe, just like old-school games. Pain is part of the experience. But don't worry, if you manage to beat the second half of most levels, you can get an 1-up checkpoint to have a second chance against bosses.
The story is simple. Aeron was making a magical experiment, everything went wrong, him and Natsumi were teleported to another dimension. Now they must figure a way to go back home. Each level is planned to have cutscenes.
This hack has lore, but the cutscenes and the player sprite are not done yet, so I only have these 9 levels, for now. In the next version, I plan to have cutscenes and the player character, Aeron.
What this demo contains:
- Various patches aimed for quality of life experience, to make the platforming even more fun;
- 9 levels, filled with graphics ripped mostly by me, save some exceptions.
- Neat selection of custom musics (I included a music list in the zip file, do note some of them are not in SMWCentral);
- Tough platforming;
- Simple and challenging bosses;
- Bumpties (Segment1Zone2 angry noises);
- A small dose of lore;
- NPCs. Try to talk to all of them. They provide more context about the lore...or not.
I hope you have fun!
|Tags:||chocolate custom music custom sprites exgfx platforming retro|
|Comments:||5 (jump to comments)|
Download 983.21 KiB | 485 downloads