The conflict that has plagued humanity for ages, the struggle between good and evil. There is no victory.
Darkness is cunning, but it can never defeat light
Light is peaceful, and although it cannot defeat darkness, it can drive it away. Light and darkness do not mix and this truth creates endless wars.
Darkside 2 continues the story of Mario on his journey against darkness, it has returned and is stronger than ever!
This hack brings a good dose of chocolate, very gimicky and challenging.
- No secret exits
- Mainly short levels
- Lots of custom stuff, including own ASM
This hack have a lot of QoL patches and other improvements including the X Speed Oscilation Fix.
What else can I say? Have a good time!
I said this hack never gonna be updated, I was wrong lol
- Weirwood: No more tight p-switch timer
- Lake of Mira: Small nerfs in first half
- MET Inc.: Removed the annoying ball and make so you can get p-speed faster; Removed useless camera block from 2nd half
- Kleptomaniac: Better ending
- Palace of Darkness: Dark Room decheesed
- Other small changes that doesn't matter at all
Pretty cool hack. The levels are relatively challenging but feel fair for the most time. It gives me a somewhat Morsel-like feel with its own twist. I had a lot of fun playing it, although there's a couple things I'd like to point out:
- I think the description mentioning that the levels are "mostly short" is a little misleading imo. I agree that there's a couple shorter levels, but I found most of them to be about average length in a kaizo hack, and the final castle is quite a bit longer than the rest
- I wish the last level had one or two extra checkpoints that reduce the need to repeat the previous rooms if you die far. It gives me a bit of a 5 room castle feel, even though it technically isn't one. I think its checkpoint system feels different from the other levels, but that's not inherently a bad thing, just something I personally didn't vibe with
- I found the midair saw jump in the ON/OFF toggle level to be a lot harder than the rest of the level. I might have done something wrong though, not sure
- If you die after defeating the first boss, the music breaks and stops working until you restart the level.
- The camera glitches sometimes when you respawn in the first half of the final castle. Be sure to check out your spawn position/camera settings to make sure the camera is properly centered on the screen.
Overall I thought this hack was a positive experience, I think it's a good choice for people who are looking for something on the higher level of intermediate, but don't want to necessarily start a really long playthrough.