Tip: When making your overworld, mix the terrain up! Add decorations to the overworld. Don't leave large empty grass or sea regions. As an example, angled land and multiple colors look much more interesting than square land and flat, plain colors.
1. The peach and rosalina feature it is kind of like sonic heroes and donkey kong country where the player has a tag along feature but later on it will be adjusted in later versions where it is more improved.
2. There will be more tips later on for newer powerups and how they will be used later as the hack progresses since they will be unique to the princesses.
3. The background flickering issue also has been fixed and tested it won't occur in the next demo along with some other bugs in the current version.
4. There actually will be a coin shop feature later on where you can spend them on various items and special things so stay tuned.
this is amazing!
but before i go into 5min of praising how great this hack is, how im always willing to playtest this if you need someone and how im looking forward to the next update, man i even enjoy that spinjump-kills make a different sound, lets get to some critice.
1. peach and rosalina following you around all the time is really distracting. idk if it will add anything in the final game, but right now its more annoying than enjoyable. wish they were gone tbh.
2. certain things should be explained better. mainly about the feather powerup. you cant charge into certain enemies or youll take damage. bit frustrating to figure out.
you can charge a super jump (smb2 style) by ducking for a couple sec with the feather (found that out on accident)
holding down jump with the feather while also landing on an enemy doesnt make you bounce which got me killed twice because i didnt expect the no bounce lol.
holding an item and ducking with it has no animation yet, looks like youre just standing.
sometimes the background flickers black for like half a second. (according to the comments, this got fixed for the next update, still i mention it, maybe for seizure sensitive ppl idk)
personal thing: i wish coins would allow you to shop for stuff and not be the typical 100 coins = 1up stuff (but i want that in every hack. i want coins to have a purpose)
before you think "man thats a lot of bad stuff" nah its just feedback for a demo, this as it is right now is still a 5* for me because its a beautiful looking hack, very nicely picked music, fun gameplay and interesting mechanics. this is amazing and i cant wait for more.
(i will also upload my savefile to the sram in case anyone wants it)
edit: bonusstars are still in the hud but dont exist in the hack. if you can get rid of them that would be handy.
http://prntscr.com/1gzilcc (level 1) There are only slight flashes in the bg that distort the background. It is the only thing I would like to see improved. I liked the theme very much, the difficulty is very good, the level design too, I adore princesses. I am really looking forward to the full version. Fight with bosses really cool and I love that.. My favorite level without a doubt: "Deep Dunes". Good work. ^^