A simple shell that can be bounced multiple times with a counter showing how many bounces are left.
- Number of bounces from 1 to 9 or infinite;
- Will destroy itself after the last bounce;
- If extra bit is set it will spawn in kicked state going towards the player direction;
- Uses custom exgfx tile for the numbers and "infinite" symbol (just a slightly modified GFX20.bin file. SP4 of Banzai Bill tileset). Should be renamed before inserting. Remap it to fit your needs.
- Added 5-9 bounces option (and updated GFX file with those tiles)
- Changed bounce number define to use the first extra byte instead: no need to insert the same sprite multiple times
- Changed initial kicked speed define to use the second extra byte instead
- Changed cfg file to json with Lunar Magic custom sprite list entries for the different options
- Added json files for different palettes as well (Green, Red, Yellow, Blue)
Everything in the update works as intended, so, accepted. However, there's a few bugs with this sprite (which were also present in the previous version) which would be nice to see fixed in a future update:
- If the Shell is bopped with a cape pound while kicked, it will immediately freeze, and be killed shortly after (like a squished Shell-less Koopa or Rex).
- If the Shell is caught by a Blue Shell-less Koopa while kicked, or spawned kicked with a speed of $20 or lower, the Shell's bounce counter will decrement quickly until it's killed. If the Shell is set to infinite bounces, it will instead enter a strange "hybrid" state where it acts both carryable and kicked at the same time.
- If a Shell-less Koopa hops inside the Shell, it will become a Green Shell that loses interaction until eaten and spat out by Yoshi.