This hack previously known as SMW The Great Adventure now has been renamed to SMW Quest for Gaming.
After rescuing the Princess so many times Mario and Yoshi decided to take a break to play some videogames.
However the pesky evil King Bowser and his Koopa Kids has stolen their SNES and all of their favorite games.
Now Mario must go on an adventure to defeat the Koopa Clan and take back his games.
This is a demo version containing 5 worlds and 50 exits
I hope you enjoy.
A fun romp overall, but a few things you may want to fix for the next version:
- This triangle in Vine Glade doesn't work, probably because it doesn't have a 1EB block under it.
- There's a lot of slowdown in Truffle Bomb Blast.
- Firebars can be despawned throughout the hack (for example, going right past the first firebars in Firebar Canyon then back left despawns all the firebars.
- I got a "TIME UP !" screen after falling into the lava in Crystaline Path with 400 seconds on the timer.
- Toxic Warp Zone is frustrating to play, and somewhat unfair. Mario is killed by hugging the left wall while falling down. Screen-wrapping while riding the raft pushes Mario off to the side, and he can fall off the raft into lava (for example, standing here seems like it should be fine, but will push Mario off into the lava). Landing on this spring is kind of blind, especially without cape. Then, doing a full jump off the spring results you in hitting the lava ceiling and taking damage. Also, the fact that the bottom tile of ceiling lava hurts you is unexpected given that the top tile of floor lava doesn't. The level also lags a lot.
- In Sunshine and Spikes, I didn't know that Yoshi could hold these enemy projectiles in his mouth, or that they interacted with blocks, so it took me some time to figure out how to get the secret exit. Consider explaining the mechanic in a message box or demonstrating it in an obvious way.
- This message box in 4# Iggy's Castle is blank.