This is a giant 64x64 Grinder. You can set both the X and Y (bouncing) speed of the Grinder on a per-sprite basis using extra bytes 1 and 2, and you can also make the Grinder follow Mario like a Disco Shell by setting the extra bit.
Additionally, you can make the Grinder unleash a terrifying swarm of mini "Grindlings" with extra byte 3, that will either shoot out in random directions, or home in on Mario.
Includes graphics for SP3, that overwrite the Net Koopas and Dry Bones in GFX12.
No More Sprite Tile Limits or MaxTile is strongly recommended.
- Reworked the code, notably the graphics routine.
- Redesigned the Giant Grinder graphics, and re-organized the graphics in SP3 to accommodate for the Grindlings.
- Added the ability for the Giant Grinder to follow Mario like a Disco Shell.
- The Grinder's despawn range and layer priority (goes in front or behind the foreground) can now be controlled with extra byte 4.
- Added "Grindlings", a cluster sprite that can be periodically spawned by the Giant Grinder using extra byte 3. Comes with a 16x16 blade and 8x8 Shuriken version.
At image 5, it is somewhat hard for the player to see these particles being harmful.
I agree. These are like small wood chips if the grinder is cutting some wood and should only be used for decoration. If your just doing decoration then the small graphics should not hurt the player. Maybe have an option for that too.