My second and final hack. Hope you have fun with it.
- Mostly vanilla gameplay
- A level based overworld (no SMW overworld)
- Some cape stuff but not much flying
- No cape spin patch. If it seems like it's needed, try throwing the item either direction.
- No secrets
- Fixed water tiles so bottom is actually water...
- Adjusted a level that had potential for a death that seemed unfair.
- Added a message box in level 10
- Moved a couple start positions
- Added/Changed indication in a few levels
- Graphic changes
How does this have so many votes if you can't rate without leaving a comment?
Anyway, this hack was well-designed for what it was, but I didn't like it. Nine or so of the 13 levels play similarly to certain speedrun levels in Mario Maker. Lots of crazy things are happening around you, but as a player, most of what you're doing is holding right + run + jump and waiting for small deviations like releasing a shell or changing from regular to spin before resuming right + run + jump. This gives the levels an automatic feeling to them, where the player is mostly a passive participant in the action, which I personally do not enjoy. On the positive side, I did very much like the level-as-overworld concept and execution.