This is a rip of the foreground from the Kabuki Castle, from Ganbare Goemon 2 : Kiteretsu Shougun Magginessu, lit. "The Strange General McGuinness". I decided to rerip the assets, and was able to fix somes mistakes I made during my first attempt to rip it.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS SET:
- ExAnimated Lanterns (act as decoration. I couldn't find a creative use to them);
- Taiko drums (the best use of them would be with custom blocks, like the ones that makes Mario jump very high);
- Bamboos (act as munchers);
- "Curtains" (act as decoration with priority on);
- Black tiles (they complement well the curtains and lanterns, best used to fill the ceiling);
- The main ground with checkers pattern (since the perspective of the ground is different, its first tiles act as 25, while the rest act as 130);
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS SET:
- The giant Kabuki actors. The main reason is that I would need to use another palette row and GFX Slot to put them in this set. Considering that this rip already uses palette 0 (without hindering the status bar), 5 and 7, it isn't worth the trouble.
- The giant fans;
- Falling petals or blue "confetti";
- The giant spinning parasols;
The new sample level can give you a better ideia how it works.
About the perspective of the ground, in case you don't like it, you can remap it. My GFX is very organized, so remapping the tiles of the main ground should be easy and won't take too much time. I prefer to maintain faithful to the original game.
This tileset fit mainly bonus or eastern levels. Since this is based on a Kabuki Theatre, it should not be used as your "standard castle" tileset. Or should be? If you're gonna use it, then be creative and have fun.
Credit would be great, but is optional.
NEW UPDATE: Optimized BG1 slot even further, freeing a lot of space. Also, massive optimization in the exanimation, using less slots and syncing it correctly.