Voyager is a fast paced, intermediate Kaizo hack with some puzzle elements and a light narrative. It is overall mostly vanilla but includes some chocolate mechanics. It aims to be somewhat of a challenge for all Kaizo skillsets (beginners be warned), but overall it aims to be fun.
It includes brand new custom graphics, but I tried to keep them as similar to the original SMW style as possible. There is a light story to add some theming and atmosphere, but its not a major focus, just there for people who enjoy that sort of thing.
- 8 secret portrait rooms
- Custom Music
- Music-free file
- Checkpoint saves
- Fast Retry
- Standard quality of life patches
What to expect:
- Modern, fast paced gameplay
- A balance of standard platforming and tricks
- Some puzzly set-ups
- No Kaizo blocks
- No bosses
- Semi open world
- Music that compliments the atmosphere of the level rather than non-stop "bangers" (sorry)
Thanks for playing, good luck, and ENJOY!
- added a couple coins in Lothlorien to aid readability
- Fixed some overworld routing issues
- Fixed a couple empty/broken message boxes (Moonside, Warp Palace)
Probably the coolest lore/theming in any kaizo hack I've played, it reminded me of JRPGs of the Snes era. It's really nice to be immersed into a hack through other means than only gameplay (and this goes for kaizo just as well as for standard hacks imho).