Yikes Kaizo World is my first SMW kaizo hack. It started as a personal project to learn the basics of Lunar Magic, and here we are... around 100 hours later testing and learning, with a new hack for SMW Central :)
This hack is vanilla. It only uses QoL patches, to cover the basic fixes a hack nowadays needs... The levels are challenging, some platforming here and there and long sections sometimes. It features an optional cape level, in case you feel like do some cape.
This hack could feature different speedrun categories, Any% route has 5 exits, 100% has 15. It has easter eggs (secret rooms) in every level, and all the things you expect from a hack (custom music, fast retry, some custom graphics). Levels don't have custom BG except for the Yoshi House.
Thanks to SMWCentral and the SMW communities that made this hack possible. Enjoy, and if you end up hating my hack, feel free to stop playing... I mean, why would one expect something from a hack called Yikes Kaizo World?
Some comments on the hack:
- "Best boomer hack this year"
- "An underappreciated jewel"
- "Thanks to this hack, I quit kaizo and discovered the beauty life has to offer"
- "Lazy and fun, a game to remember"
- "Damn it jquery, was it even tested?"
- "All bald programmers love jquery, as much kaizo players love this hack"
- "Your cape level sucks, you should be ashamed of yourself"
- "This hack had potential, but died after level 2"