|Description:||A moderately hard hack.
"Mario retreats to the Chroma Isles, in hope of spending some time off. But strange, deadly blocks start falling from the sky and littering the landscape. He embarks on a quest throughout the archipelago to find out what is the cause of all this."
Luminescent is meant to be a fun challenge for the kaizo enthusiast who seeks to delve into tougher territory, while still being firmly intermediate in nature. It is ASM heavy, and features a plethora of custom stuff while keeping the familiar aesthetics and playability of the original game.
This hack features:
- Fast travel and retry
- A linear path with no secret exits
- A save system that keeps checkpoints and collectibles
- Light trolling, but no cheap tricks such as hidden blocks
- Two endings (Any% and 100%)
- Lots of ASM trickery.
Thanks to Chondontore, Ezel, FerpyMcFrosting, Halscion, Mithrillionaire and Om_nomnom_nomnom for their assistance in making sure this hack is the best it can be.
Updates (See the text file in the archive for more details):
- Bonus stars can now be saved
- Removed some sprite jankery and streamlined a few obstacles
- Made some setups slightly more speedrun-friendly
- Speedrun mode added
- Minor fixes such as loosening some sections, making some colours more contrasting, or improving setups
- Fixed a potentially game-crashing bug in the last level
|Tags:||asm bosses chocolate gimmick hdma intermediate less efgfx lore multiple endings music secrets story|
|Comments:||30 (jump to comments)|
Download 1.61 MiB | 3,137 downloads