Tip: Switch palace switches normally disappear if you replay the level. However, if you insert them as direct Map16 and use the hex edit at $00EEB2 in the ROM map, you can replay the level without a problem.
Not logged in.
Details for Krack's Kafe: Because They Kicked Me Out!
TEAM AFORETIMES presents a spiritual successor to Krack The Hack, based on a formula found within Daizo Dee Von and Mellonpizza's "100 Rooms of Enemies", Stego's "Mario's Bizarre Adventure", and Lush_50's "Nightmare Cafe" series. Krack's Kafe plays like Krack The Hack where you collect 4 keys to progress to the next level, but now in a bite sized package filled with one-screened rooms. Almost everyone contributed levels for the game, with the exception of voice lines provided by scooter102089 (aka "Chaser the Ultimate Gamer").
15 years after Krack The Hack, Krack gets kicked out of a local bar in Noahna Village, and had to get dragged out by his brother Daizo. After being picked on, Krack is determined to get the funds to build his very own cafe! To do this, he must get his hands on pure gold keys in Jinker Bolts' latest attraction: the "Key Hole". It's a cave that features his deadliest creation: "GRAND ADMIRAL KRAWN", a robot that can project any environment at any place at any time. Little does Krack know, he's not alone...
Current version: v1.0.1. Mainly fixes a disappearing key, which only respawns after death.
Fun hack with a few frustrating sections ("Go Back" blocks...).
Added Kaizo: Beginner difficulty. While many rooms follow a design often found in Standard: Very Hard (e.g. having to avoid getting killed by a bunch of sprites), others are Kaizo (very tight, with one intended solution, and few sprites, all of which are necessary).
- I noticed some grammar errors in the lore, in case you wish to have it proofread. I volunteer if you want to send me a text file with it.
- I beat this in one sitting but you may want to include a mechanism for saving room progress for people who want to take a break.
- There's somecutoff.
- Consider indicating the horizontal position of the player when they're above the screen, which would notably help in this room.
- On multiple occasions, I was killed by spinjumping on two enemies at the same time, most prominently in this room. Consider using this patch to fix.
- This room appears to have a single intended solution but has a break. Instead of grabbing the throw block on the top left, which is quite hard to do, it's possible to just run through the Wild Ptooie Piranha with the I-frames from landing on the muncher.