|Name:||Aeron's Golden Cookie Quest|
|Type:||Standard: Very Hard|
|Description:||Aeron's Golden Cookie Quest is an old-school styled hack, that has inpiration in various videogames, including Kirby, Mega Man, Castlevania, Ganbare Goemon, Shinobi, Mario and others. Instead of inspiring myself in any hack creator, I wanted to make this project as a love letter for videogames and I plan to achieve that with this hack.
It's a weird hybrid of traditional and chocolate. While this hack has a lot of ASM, its level design is more focused all in tackling obstacles than innovative level design. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel or anything, just to be clear, so don't go with the wrong expectations, when playing this hack. Much like an old game, it has some bullshit moments, but a lot of good and rewarding gameplay.
This hack has lore, but it's not too wordy or too wacky. It's very easy to understand. You only watch the cutscenes once and go back to the action even if you die once, due to my clever vanilla checkpoints placement. Slightly inspired by The Second Reality Project 2 Reloaded and Luigi's Misadventures.
What this hack contains:
- A custom player sprite, drawn by Deeke.
- Various patches aimed for quality of life experience, to make the platforming even more fun;
- 10 tough levels;
- Save areas, this game doesn't save automatically;
- Neat selection of custom musics;
- Tough platforming;
- A few "gotcha" moments, inspired by SMW: Gaiden;
- Simple and challenging bosses;
- Bumpties (Segment1Zone2 angry noises);
- Hot Dino Rhinos;
- A new checkpoint system;
- A slightly suggestive final boss;
-- x --
CHANGELOG and KNOWN BUGS: check the txt contained with the zip file to know more about.
|Tags:||asm bosses custom character exgfx music non-mario story traditional|
|Comments:||26 (jump to comments)|
Download 3.80 MiB | 2,120 downloads