Language…
12 users online:  AmperSam, ft029, GRIMMKIN, Heitor Porfirio, JaizePLS, LetycjuszS, LuigiXHero, SiulLunar, Strawb, the_name_is_already_taken, Zandro, Zatara - Guests: 208 - Bots: 216
Users: 65,482 (2,179 active)
Latest user: gram

Cutscene BabyYoshis/Eggs Palette Change v1.1

SMW Patches → Cutscene BabyYoshis/Eggs Palette Change v1.1

Submission Details

Name: Cutscene BabyYoshis/Eggs Palette Change v1.1
Authors: Francium, yoshifanatic
Added:
Version History: View
Tool: Asar
Requires Free Space: Yes
Bug Fix: No
Featured: No
Description: This patch allows the user to change the palette of the baby Yoshi and the eggs within each cutscene to suit their preferences!

Please read the ReadMe for more details. (There is one in English and one in Japanese)

Note that this file was created with the help of yoshifanatic. I have his permission.

v1.1 Update: asm has been optimized and modified to be more user friendly!
Tags: egg hex editing lorom palette sa-1 superfx yoshi
Comments: 4 (jump to comments)
Download 5.29 KiB | 299 downloads

Screenshots

View all

Comments (4)

Joaololpvp Link
I have a question, if I apply this patch will Luigi be present in the final scene?
Amomario123w Link
I'VE FOUND A BUG!!!!!!!!!! if you have applied FastRom adressing patch in lunar magic before aplying this patch, the CastleCutscenes glitches, it shows garbage graphics, more specifically the marios' face graphics instead of the egg one. i tested it in a ROM without anyother patches installed yet. any solutions?
also how do you add luigi to the ending cut scene?
UPDATE!!:
I'VE FOUND that the latest version of the asm file named CastleCutsceneEggs.asm is the problem, since i just replace this with the old version, and this works perfectly ON ROMS with FastRom adressing patch already aplied.
Burning Loaf Link
Tested with:
  • Mesen 2.0.0
  • Lunar Magic 3.33
  • SA-1 Pack 1.40
  • Asar 1.81

A minor change, but a welcome one nonetheless.
 MarioFanGamer From older version: Cutscene BabyYoshis/Eggs Palette Change Link
Moderated with:
  • Lunar Magic v3.31
  • SA-1 Pack v1.40
  • Asar 1.81
  • BSNES v115
Replaced freedata to freecode so that EndingEggs.asm doesn't break on 4 MiB ROMs.

Most of the patch is working fine as it is. However, the castle cutscene one definitively can be improved by a lot by using a table and not a chain of comparisons (see EndingEggs.asm on how you can adopt this). This is somewhat minor but still an important room to improve. In addition, the patches also could be made more user friendly by using defines and if-conditions, both for the YXPPCCCT properties for the eggs and for which patches you want insert in the first place.
Also, it may be possible to use only one freespace for both freespace using patches, though this is recommend with the use of defines and also is one of the more advanced features of Asar, something which isn't immediately obvious.