|Description:||Includes both x86 and x64 versions.
Newest version of Snes9x for Windows, released March 30, 2023. Release page with full changelog here, along with source code and builds for Linux, macOS and libretro.
Important changes in v1.62.3:
- This fixes the backward-compatibility with save states from before 1.62. It also fixes issues with the libretro core mishandling our new filesystem functions.
Important changes in v1.62.2:
- Version 1.62.1 had a bug that would erase games' SRAM if save states were loaded. We have better luck with these .2 releases.
Important changes in v1.62:
- Fixed SA1 division with negative dividend again. (Atari2)
- Fixed timing on several instructions. (pi1541)
- MSU1 audio with no loop point will not repeat from start.
- Modernized some old memory-related code.
- Fixed a desynchronization in interlaced modes and reporting.
- Remove SA1 access to WRAM.
- Added second set of registers between S-DSP and S-SMP. Fixes PAL version of Virtual Bart.
Gtk + Windows:
- Added a Vulkan graphics output method. Similar to OpenGL, this can use libretro's slang shaders.
- Changed the automatic frame skip throttle to take place immediately before showing the frame, making VRR work better.
- Add menu item to clear recent files entries.
- Add fixed window size changes up to 10x.
- Improved the shader parameters dialog with sliders and resize.
- Allow disabling adding registry entries. Deletes any existing entries when the option is disabled.
- Switched to CMake for build system. Removed meson.
- Fixed some keys not working with modifiers. (Gutawer)
- Removed graphics options most people won't understand or need.
- Improved wayland support. Handle fractional DPI properly.
|Comments:||73 (jump to comments)|
Download 6.83 MiB | 19,631 downloads
Verified binary identical with the github release.
I also verified that the emulators worked and that they were binary-identical to the released ones on the snes9x team github page.
1. Sound is really loud when loading a ROM, only if I press the "Fast-Forward" Button for a short time, the Sound volume jumps back to normal volume (like it is set in the settings).
2. The emulator crashes when plugging in/out an USB Controller into the Windows PC while being in a game and it can also potentially cause a blue screen through that.
Every time, it feels some weird sound like an old radio, every 5-6 seconds... this happens not when I play, but when I see the video that I registered.
With 1.58 this were not happen on my laptop, so I will return on 1.58 and use thisa only with the hack that I don't want to register.
To the developer of this emulatoor: DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS, PLEASE!
It works and it's an update, so... accepted.
Sneeze9x is dead xp
>separate echo buffer from ram
zsnes is dead
Please don't download.
If might crash the Direct3D on some Windows x64 computers
Stay tuned some extra updates on Snes9x 1.59.2
Edit: Updated with some improvements. Pleas redownload
The download link include both.
Go to Emulation > Settings... > Turn "Rewind Buffer" to 70 or higher and
"Rewind Granulaty" to 1 frames
Go to Input > CustomIze Hotkeys... > Go to Page 2 > Find "Rewind" Hotkey > Hit blank space to turn green > Hit Any Button > OK
Mod edit: USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Is now released
Nice @ audio core, rewinds and bps soft-patching
OMG I LOVE THE REWIND SUPPORT