One day, a mysterious black pipe suddenly appeared in the Mushroom Kingdom in front of the Toadstool Castle. Mario decided to explore inside it, and he was teleported to an unknown island called Full Moon Island. Little did he know that there wasn't any way back... Other people were trapped there, so he began to roam around in search of an escape.
Changelog for v1.2:
- Fixed a sprite memory issue.
- Fixed a grammatical error.
- Removed silent Bullet Bills.
- Overworld updated (thanks to Firoshi).
- Various little updates to some levels.
- Slighty changed the introduction to the final boss to prevent a possible bug.
Changelog for v1.1:
- Added various HDMA effects.
- Most of the levels have entirely remade backgrounds.
- Removed the annoying noise when jumping in a level with samples (thanks to Red&Green).
- Added a logo in the title screen.
- Fixed some minor palette errors.
- Some musics are slighty improved.
- Fixed some priority errors.
- Various updates to older levels.
Fully compatible with the latest version of every SNES emulator released to date.
fixme: sublevel in "Windy Heights" causes music to crash; while the hack remains playable, music breaks for the rest of the game
So far I've played through the first two worlds and have defeated the mansions. The graphics are beautiful. The levels vary from basic to very difficult and I enjoyed them. The music is pleasant, no complaints there. The only thing that really, REALLY bothered me is the boss battles and the sprites used for them. They're just bad, REALLY bad. It's a shame too because this is such a high quality game that you almost forget you're playing a hack...then you get to the bosses and it just takes you right out of that mindset. I'd love to see this game re-worked with some more conventional, vanilla boss fights but until then, I have to give it a 3/5 so far. Fix the boss battles and sprites and it's a perfect 10.
I totally enjoyed playing your game ! It has very cute graphics, to tell the truth yours are me favorite =] The game has a cool, well-thought story and so is the overworld.
The difficulty is well balanced, I figured out to find all exits without using savestates, although some levels are quite hard, especially Magma Castle the last boss, Pitch Black. But all is totally playable without using any savestate.
Just to say, regarding the number of exits of the game, it is actually 34, as it is shown "34" at title screen at the end of the game, instead of 32 shown in the description ^^