So, as far as the level design goes, this hack is split in two parts. The first parts is enjoyable, the author used some gimmicks wisely, even if they're a bit confusing at first. The second part is, instead, frustrating as hell, with unfair segments and boring sections. The player eventually gets bored and will probably stop playing. I won't hide that technical errors penalized this hack a lot, hence the first sentence of the review, but I'll talk about it later.
Aesthetics are no good either. Note that not everything looks awful, but most of the stuff is. Bad palettes, weird fg + bg matches and wrong actlike of tiles. Pretty much summed this factor up.
Major issues this hack has:
- Music breaks on accurate emulators.
- "Grassland Jumper" has no key and keyhole
- Some of the castles make the hack freeze on OW transistions when beaten.
- "Armor Up!" isn't a level. It ends immediately.
- "Graviton Castle" doesn't load sprites anymore at a certain point. Level is unbeatable. This level also freezes the hack randomly.
- The hack ends at "Crater Ship", since this level doesn't trigger any event. The hack is supposed to continue though, let me know if I'm missing something.
- ... too many dynamic sprites?
- Huge slowdown in many levels, as well as sprite tile limits errors, occuring very often.
I'd really suggest to the author of this hack to report things over a new rom and fix all the issues. I feel like there's a lot to fix other than music crashing in accurate emulators.
Overall, eh, 1/5. Too many technical errors to enjoy.