I've taken the liberty of releasing this hack as a Christmas gift. This fixes everything from the Hack Removal Log, besides the ExGFX with the bad transition between the snow and dirt, which wasn't a removal reason at all.
Merry Christmas, and remember to read the readme! Also, the Buster Beetles in the last level don't want to pick up the throw blocks.
Well, levels felt like obstacle courses, as there was no effort and thought put into them, design-wise. Ironically, one of the levels IS actually called Obstacle Course (lol). Anyway, they're mostly flat with few gimmicks and block diversity. No thought was put into enemy placement and enemy choices (unfitting enemies) either. Also constant excessive amount of enemies and abuse of enemy generators made the whole hack a giant sprite mess. Some instances of slowdown showed up because of this. Browsing through these levels was only complicated due to the enemies, not the levels themselves, which is very unprofessional and overall uninteresting. I don't really think this hack's name is a valid excuse for this.
OW also suffers from lack of effort: flat, squarey, has no height variation, and colors are lifeless, which doesn't make sense as the levels themselves are overall vivid and colorful.
Graphically the hack is ok: right colors (mostly) and fitting custom GFX choices to go with the vanilla stuff. It doesn't stand out visually speaking, but it's not bad either.
Some level-specific issues:
- Sliding and Jumping: secret exit was a pain to get, as I had to fly off-screen above the goal post to get to the keyhole. Not really intuitive for the casual player.
- Castle 1: grave instances of blind jumping (where you can be harmed).
- Bubble Season: big Mario discrimination with the P-balloon: you can get below the block that has the key as big Mario, but you can't go back, forcing me to suicide.
- Grassland Secret: message didn't make any sense.
- ExGFX Island 1: that "boss" part was really uncalled for: waiting for a pokey to suicide isn't challenging nor fun, it's just boring.
Overall a hack with major level design and spritework issues that easily ruin the whole gameplay. At least it's not rage indulcing, but I still don't recommend atm.