Mario Curse Hunter.
Fixed a few errors and uglyness. Also added a German version.
TESTER NOTE: SNN: This is a pretty unique little hack, with a bunch of neat gimmicks and such. There are a couple slightly annoying levels (first ghost house comes to mind), but it's enjoyable overall. There are also a couple of minor bugs, but they are not rejection worthy. fixme:
- music breaks on accurate emulators;
- the door spawned once you defeat the Big Boo in the first castle level doesn't work, and you're unable to proceed.
This hack may be original, but it's awfully frustrating in my opinion.
The main gimmick is interesting: this hack has two kind of levels, the puzzle kind and the "action" kind. While it's pretty fun in the beginning, you start to get frustrated at around the first ghost house level. From there, puzzles felt repetitive, with annoying backtracking and item babysitting which litterally killed all the fun. As for the action levels, they're very annoying as well; pretty challengy, but some sections are too ragey and unfair in my opinion. You'll be abusing savestating like there's no tomorrow.
As far as aesthetics go, the hack is more or less good. There are some silly errors here and there but overall it looks good. Not much to say here.
- Music breaks hack on accurate emulators;
- "waffle castle" can't be beaten: the door spawned after you defeat big boo, won't work for some reason;
- In "icey cave", some scalines on the top of the screen flashes black;
- Once you get out of the "icey castle", Mario gets bugged on OW, and you'll get stuck;
- Major slowdown occuring often.