Progger - Dystopia [10 - 2]
And that's all! The thread will remain open for the next few days if you'd like to discuss anything, such as which songs you liked the most!
I'll start saying that both finalists were really good. Simoon is a very unique and exotic song, while Dystopia was consistently great. Both go a lot of places too.
The Last Flamenco was another one that I really liked, although for more personal reasons: it sounds like it came from Ragnarok Online, which has one of my favorite video game soundtracks. Similarly, I loved [snowdrift] and how it sounds like a Professor Layton track.
This was the first time I picked a Beethoven track to listen to fully and honestly, it was a pleasant surprise. Despite being 20 minutes long, I never got bored listening to it. It was beautiful from beginning to end and it's no wonder pieces like this one are considered timeless.
I'm happy at how far Twilight got. It's one of the greatest songs I listened to and I definitely think it's one of ELO's most underrated tracks.
Now, for something else:
WHAT WE LEARNED IN THIS TOURNEY:
- Artist's name ends with "Orchestra" = Automatic banger.
- We need more buff songs to shake up the Jazz Fusion meta.
- Cute J-Pop songs are viable and will
beat your rad western rock and metal. Nothing to do but accept that deep inside we're all weebs and want to be anime. Except me, I'll destroy all anime but hxh and jojo.
- Actually, it seems that Pop in general was a really... POPular choice this tourney, hahahaaduhasjudhf ded
- Borderline VGM is viable in Non-VGM.
- Singers might as well retire since 99% of these didn't have any lyrics, lol rip.