1. The Way It Is - man I really like the other one, reminds me of the dustforce ost, but my inner dadrock kicked in, I love this one. 2. Working Man - as a latin american I'm legally obligated to like cumbia, but working man is a better jam. 3. Animal - no contest 4. Digital Witness - no contest again.
Sacred Tapestry - 移住 (oh fuck, this is really, really nice actually; getting some mad Ryu Umemoto/YU-NO vibes from the square wave sounds alone, and with how much I love the music from that game... it's obvious I'm going with this one lol)
The Dip - Working Man (I don't care much about cumbia, tho tbh neither songs are all that interesting to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Neil Cicierega - Smooth (tbh, I always loved SiivaGunner and their mashups, but man, Neil is just on a whole other level, and literally the only mashup I've heard from him was the Ghostbusters one, which was just as banger as this one haha; the other one I didn't even bother to listen, but maybe it's nice too I guess)
Yousuke Yasui (安井 洋介) - Nova Prospect (it's too bad not many people will like this one, but man, it's just insane to see Yasui doing something this crazy, and I loved the dude's music for a damn long while now; it's a very unique combination of jammin' and creepy/unsettling, and I absolutely like it for that reason alone)
• Sacred Tapestry - 移住 (different in a good way)
• The Dip - Working Man (salsa music isn't really my thing, so Working Man it is)
• Aurora - Animal (something about the soft harmonic voices with that guitar made listening to this song quite the chill experience)
• St. Vincent - Digital Witness (funky brass parts with electric guitars, and it sounds... good! the other song is going to give me nightmares with that damn high pitched synth, but the beat was cool)
the way it is (the other one is pretty for a bit but it's kinda just the same thing for 9 mins)
working man (it's decent)
digital witness (my nomniation. the horn groove is amazing and i love the chorus)
Battle 1 Sacred Tapestry - 移住
(The Way It Is is a brilliant song that I didn't grow up with. 移住, however, I love to pieces. Wow. Thanks to whoever nominated that!)
Battle 2 The Dip - Working Man
(I'm indifferent towards Working Man, it's okay. Fuiste Mala gives me the creeps however.)
Battle 3 Neil Cicierega - Smooth
Battle 4 Yousuke Yasui (安井 洋介) - Nova Prospect
(My nomination. I can appreciate what Digital Witness is going for, but I'm not a fan of basses that are more look-how-awesomely-gross-we-can-make-it than tonally followable, and the vocal emphasis further removed the potential for me to get hooked. I highly appreciate the 303 leads at the end though. But it's no contest for Nova Prospect; I nominated it because it's got a uniquely hysterical, atonal top synth, accompanied with the most delightfully relentless rhythm machine. I can't get enough of it really want to hear this in a cave rave hahahaha. I understand why it's not loved though, it's definitely an acquired taste!)
1. Sacred Tapestry - 移住
2. The Dip - Working Man
3. Aurora - Animal (Live at The Current)
4. St. Vincent - Digital Witness
Honestly, everytime, I listen to both pieces of the battle until the end, to remain nonpartisan. But these four choices were almost no-brainers. The Fuiste Mala and Nova Prospect were difficult to keep playing for me, though. I really dig the female vocals in Animal and Digital Witness. They are just good.
I saw my 2nd entry lost the battle at set E, and even if I was able to vote at this time, it would not have saved it D: I hope my third entry will be better appreciated haha.
The tourney will be on hold for the duration of C3. I don't want to distract anyone from it and besides, there wouldn't be many votes during that time either. Set G will be left open until then so you can cast your votes for it if you'd like. See you all again after C3! Enjoy the festivities!
Sacred Tapestry - 移住 / this one was fucking tricky
The Dip - Working Man / both Eh
Aurora - Animal (Live at The Current)
St. Vincent - Digital Witness / other track is great but this was my jam last summer