Banner
Views: 806,963,775
Time:
11 users online: Eminus, frx, JamesD28, meatloaf,  Ninja Boy, Nowieso, PokerFace, Sixcorby, Superkriko, supermargot, WMS95 - Guests: 85 - Bots: 203 Users: 42,329 (1,936 active)
Latest: navigator
Tip: Only use a few different kinds of enemies per level. Overdoing it can make your level feel disjointed and clunky.Not logged in.
Where'd the reset button go?
Forum Index - Valley of Bowser - Site Questions, Feedback & Bugs - Where'd the reset button go?
Pages: « 1 »
Wasn't there a reset button in the research interface of resource sections? Could swear there was one before, I even remember how useful it was to remove any applied filter. I know refreshing the page does the same, but having a clickable button for it is better I think.



My bad if there never was one, take it as a suggestion!
Not sure if it's a mistake or intended, but I always think not having the reset button is better. In 95% cases we don't really need to clear out the entire form and re-input everything again; for the rest 5%, just refresh the page should works.

I have some bad experience with reset button in various websites; when I filled a form and just want to submit, I accidently hit the "reset" button, then everything is gone. Even worse, some website's submit and reset button are inverted, and it's just annoying.

Though I am not fully against the reset button thing, a confirm is always nice.

Also this explains better than me
I think I understand better why the change could be intended. I wonder if there are any workaround to the reset button being mistakenly clicked instead of the search button, aside from a confirmation prompt. Maybe putting the reset button above the form...

Otherwise maybe it's better to never bring back the reset button, I was more curious as to why it was removed
The Reset button was removed intentionally for the exact reasons tcdw described. Filters are so easy to clear, either manually or by refreshing the page, that there's little point in having a Reset button.

Bringing it back with a confirmation doesn't make sense to me. Confirming that you want to reset the form would likely take as much time as clearing it without using the button.
Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - Valley of Bowser - Site Questions, Feedback & Bugs - Where'd the reset button go?

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 7

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy