Banner
Views: 816,370,175
Time:
23 users online: Adriel_Isaque, Anorakun, B2De, BootaNoBijuu, Brolencho,  BTD6_maker, chickaDEE Magazine, Doug Walker, englishteeth, Hat Kid, jc5500, Ladida, le4che, lion,  Maxodex,  Meirdent, Overcomon7, Rmn96, ScatmanJones49, SPG64, that1bigbossyouhate, TypeII_Mound, Vellidragon - Guests: 82 - Bots: 169 Users: 43,240 (2,284 active)
Latest: Kyrlas
Tip: A power-up is most useful to a player shortly after the midway point.Not logged in.
Make linking SMWC on Discord generate a preview embed
Forum Index - Valley of Bowser - Site Questions, Feedback & Bugs - Make linking SMWC on Discord generate a preview embed
Pages: « 1 »
I think this would greatly help when it comes to linking resources and hacks as they don't generate any embeds when posted on Discord and would help to quickly know what's in the link instead of having to open it.

It also help mobile users more since they wouldn't need to open a browser to access the site (which isn't exactly mobile friendly).
Originally posted by lx5
It also help mobile users more since they wouldn't need to open a browser to access the site (which isn't exactly mobile friendly).

Ummm, not really. Discord has an in-built Chrome site browser. But still, preview would be nice (however it works).
This layout is 💩
Originally posted by 7 up
Ummm, not really. Discord has an in-built Chrome site browser.

????
Everytime I click on a link on the mobile client, it opens my default browser. Is there any new/hidden setting I'm missing?

Originally posted by 7 up
(however it works).

This is how it would work (That small preview of my GitHub page).

edit:
found it, but it's dogshit, it still asks for a browser
Originally posted by lx5
????
Everytime I click on a link on the mobile client, it opens my default browser. Is there any new/hidden setting I'm missing?

I think it depends on the phone you use.


I'm aware of this, but I meant, how it would be coded.
This layout is 💩
What would such an embed even show? I highly doubt you could fit enough information to give a reasonable summary of a post or a submission. I also can't find any documentation on how to make the embeds work, so, unfortunately, I'll probably hold off on this.
imo just the title of the thread being linked would be helpful, though i guess that doesn't really help with the second problem #smrpg{ohno}
Originally posted by Telinc1
I also can't find any documentation on how to make the embeds work, so, unfortunately, I'll probably hold off on this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/7j4c2v/how_to_make_my_website_appear_in_discord_embeds/
Worth a shot I guess. I can't find proper or official documentation, though.

Originally posted by Telinc1
What would such an embed even show? I highly doubt you could fit enough information to give a reasonable summary of a post or a submission.

As pat said, the title of the thread would be enough, probably the user who posted it and perhaps the page number? Dunno, maybe I'm asking for too much.
For submissions would be resource's name, author and resource type (SMW Sprite, SMW Block, etc.).

The goal is to have quick information about what's in the link, and I think that's enough info.

edit: every reference I get says OGP, which is this, so there's the documentation.
Late but yes, I agree with site having embeds too, they can be very handy sometimes.
Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - Valley of Bowser - Site Questions, Feedback & Bugs - Make linking SMWC on Discord generate a preview embed

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 13

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy