Date format: [yyyy/mm/dd]
Date format: [yyyy/mm/dd]
- Added to and revamped the tags list. Multiple tags were reworded to be more clear.
- Added description for the new Slots Used column.
- Added description for the new Palette Rows Used column.
- Updated the guidelines to mention that the first screenshot in a submission -must- be the in-game screenshot.
- Updated the tag list. "8-bit" has been removed. "retro" and "2bpp" have been added in its place.
- Updated the tag list. "Mecha" has been removed. "Eastern", "Wild West", "Carnival", "Mechanical", and "Industrial" have been added.
- Added the following General Guideline: "Your sample level and in-game screenshots should be straight to the point in previewing the submission's graphics as they come. Avoid including unrelated graphics or palettes for both, or making the sample level too hard or too long.".
- Created a section with Submission Form Instructions and separated the rest of the content into two other sections: Global Guidelines and Specific Guidelines.
- Moved the General Guidelines concerning screenshot sizing and Map16 page screenshots to Submission Form Instructions, under the Screenshots part. Similarly, moved the content that was in Naming Guidelines and Tagging to Submission Form Instructions, under the Name and Tags parts, respectively.
- Slightly reworded the following General Guideline and raised it to hard guideline status (now marked with *): "With the exception of Graphics Hacks, don't pack multiple differently-themed or otherwise unrelated graphics sets into only one submission. For example, don't submit a file that contains both a desert tileset and a forest tileset. This is to ensure users can easily search for and fetch the necessary graphics they need.".
- Updated the General Guideline concerning naming of ExGFX files to add: "It's also acceptable to add the graphics slot the file is meant for after the number. Example: ExGFX14C (BG1).bin".
- Added the following Sprite-specific Guideline: "The graphics tiles must be positioned correctly in the .bin file so the sprite can load them accordingly.".
- Clarified in the small footnote below the General Guidelines that failure to follow the other guidelines may also result in your submission being rejected.
- Added the following General Guideline: "With the exception of Graphics Hacks, avoid packing multiple differently-themed graphics sets into only one submission. For example, avoid submitting a file that contains both a desert tileset and a forest tileset. This is to ensure users can easily search for and fetch the necessary graphics they need.".
- Rewrote the General Guideline concerning submission screenshots to: "Upload all of the necessary screenshots to your submission form as pointed out in the "Files to Include" table. Please don't include screenshots in your submission file (the .zip).".
- Reworded "Remember to use the PrintScreen feature (Alt+PrtSc) when taking a screenshot of your Map16 page for easier image editing and saving." to "Use the Alt+PrintScreen feature (Alt+PrtSc) to easily take a screenshot of your Map16 page." in the General Guideline concerning Map16 page screenshots.
- Added the following Foreground/Background-specific Guideline: "For submissions that contain both a foreground and a background, it's better to have a separate pair of .pal and .palmask for each of them, so users can easily insert only one of them if so they wish. In that case, it's also advised to indicate which graphics files belong to the foreground and which belong to the background by placing them in different folders or including a note in a readme file.".
- Moved the guideline concerning shared palettes affecting Yoshi's colors on the Overworld from the Overworld-specific Guidelines to the Player-specific Guidelines, since that's a problem that would be found in Player graphics submissions. Also clarified that it only concerns submissions that include Yoshi riding frames.
- Fixed minor typos and changed some letter casing.
- Updated the General Guideline concerning graphics drawn by independent artists to add: "Also, select Original instead of Ripped for the "Type" field.".
- Added the following Overworld-specific Guideline: "If your shared palettes file negatively affects Yoshi's colors on the Overworld, remap Yoshi's colors in GFX10.bin and include a (non-shared) palette file and its corresponding palmask containing the remapped colors. Try to make it so all 4 of Yoshi's color variations (yellow, green, red and blue) look correct. Lastly, mention in the description that the user must import that non-shared palette file via the Green Star + Red Arrow button on every submap if they want to have Yoshi display its correct colors on the Overworld.".
- Updated the Palette Preferences diagram to version 2.1, featuring thicker colored lines and defining Palette 5 as the preferable one to sacrifice in case 2 and 3 can't be used.
- The small footnote below the Core Values now directs to the #graphics Discord channel, instead of #help and #showoff.
- Added the following General Guideline: "Do not submit content generated from automatic ripping tools, such as Ultimate Background Ripping Tool or SnesGFX that has not been optimized and/or fixed for usage. Make sure the output files have been adjusted to follow all submission guidelines.".
- Updated the General Guideline concerning Map16 page screenshots to add: "Make sure your Map16 page screenshots are clean from clutter and junk tiles.".
- Updated one of the palette-related General Guidelines to add: "Do not overwrite colors unused by your submission itself.".