Banner
Views: 828,934,090
Time:
13 users online: AnasMario130, BillyILostMyPasswordScribbles, blocc, DPBOX, ExONightZ, Gattocqt89, HD_DankBaron, Jead,  KevinM, liuzijun, MilkyMooer, Qwerty13x, Super Maks 64 - Guests: 44 - Bots: 83 Users: 44,416 (2,522 active)
Latest: Flowtendo
Tip: Check the Documents section. Tutorials and other useful information can be found there.Not logged in.
48x16 blocks missing defines
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - ASM & Related Topics - 48x16 blocks missing defines
Pages: « 1 »
I wanted to insert Eternety Larvae's 48x16 Question Blocks, but when I tried to insert the blocks, I got an error telling me that the !star_item define was missing. How do I get this define? https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=20873
!star_item had a number in the star blocks .asm file. That number represented the number used to spawn the star powerup from SMW. Did you remove that by chance?

--------------------
Putting my YI hack on hold.
Originally posted by Rykon-V73
!star_item had a number in the star blocks .asm file. That number represented the number used to spawn the star powerup from SMW. Did you remove that by chance?

If I did, how could I get it back?
If you did, then open StarLeft, StarMiddle and StarRight.asm and add:
Code
!star_item = $76
!star_custom = !false

This should make the block work.

--------------------
Putting my YI hack on hold.
Originally posted by Rykon-V73
If you did, then open StarLeft, StarMiddle and StarRight.asm and add:
Code
!star_item = $76
!star_custom = !false

This should make the block work.

That code is already in the star related blocks

this is the error that I'm getting.

An error has been detected:
blocks/48x16QuestionMarkBlockMain.asm:27: error: Define !star_item not found

and the code on line 27 onwards reads out as follows

Code
if !star_item == $0
		JSR gen_coin
	elseif !star_item != $1
		LDA #!star_item
		if !star_custom == !false
			CLC
		else
			SEC
		endif
		JSR gen_item
	endif
From what I've seen, !star_item from elseif !star_item != $1 should be:
Code
elseif !star_item != $0

Try changing it like above.

--------------------
Putting my YI hack on hold.
Originally posted by Rykon-V73
From what I've seen, !star_item from elseif !star_item != $1 should be:
Code
elseif !star_item != $0

Try changing it like above.

Could you please clarify what you mean by this?
Have you tried just you know redownloading the block and either just using the ones you redownloaded or comparing the code to see what you might of done?
Originally posted by Ninja Boy
Have you tried just you know redownloading the block and either just using the ones you redownloaded or comparing the code to see what you might of done?

I redownloaded the blocks, and encountered the same issue
The documentation of the blocks is a bit lacking, but I think you are meant to use the list.txt provided; while its code is used in the other .asm files, you are not meant to insert directly 48x16QuestionMarkBlockMain.asm.
Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - ASM & Related Topics - 48x16 blocks missing defines

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 14

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy