Tip: Layer 3 backgrounds and tides disappear when you hit a message box, so plan your level around that. For example, you can add a sublevel without layer 3 at the start/midpoint, and include your message there.
A 7 Level SMW hack with some puzzles, Light Kaizo, A short speedrun level, and of course, Trolls.
I won't bother to go over everything wrong with every single level because there's just too much, so I'll make a list of things that appear throughout the entire hack:
- Long pointless stretches of ground with no content in just about every level.
- Major cutoff in about half of the levels.
- Floating munchers in many levels.
- Ground tiles visibly overflowing to the top tile in a couple levels.
- Use of the bottom row of tiles to hide things like required pipes.
- Blind jumps and drops.
- Obstacles/death traps off the top of the screen that are impossible to blindly traverse/foresee respectively (one required me going into Lunar Magic to see what I needed to do to progress).
- Boss and sprites with garbled graphics.
- Repetitive tricks and setups throughout.
- In the final level, a crucial platform despawns making the level impossible.
- None of the levels save, so you have to beat the whole game in one sitting.
- The overworld is vanilla, contains a random 8x8 tile that is just garbage, and most of the events are broken.
Overall, this is a very broken, messy, and uninteresting hack that just feels tedious and annoying, and the trolls are not well thought out or even distinguishable from the rest of the level design in most cases.