Yeah, before I telling you my opinion on this hack: This is my first time doing this!
I played every level more than 3 times in this hack and I must say It's very impressive for the first hack!
(please forgive me If I'm wrong!)
So I start telling you my opinions for the Overworld and the title screen.
The Overworlds are pretty solid! No broken paths, no broken and no broken Overworld design! Except these parts
But these are just little design errors and I recommending to fix thoses design errors In my opinion!
And remove also those unnecessary blinked stars in some parts on the Overworld!
And the title screen, It's decent but the only think that you should change is your name and the date on the title screen, because there aren't transparent!
So, I have played your hack twice and I must say, It isn't bad at all! It has some ugly looking cut-offs like these:
Those are just a few cut-offs (there are over 9 cut-offs in this hack), which is NOT
good in a Hack!
And This hack has a few sprite spawn problems in levels like PapaNug Pass
and in CryBaby Bridge
so I highly recommending to download this -
Finally, let's talk about the levels step by step!
1. Smash and Re-grab - A really good beginning level of a kaizo hack! I really like those regrabs and everything with the Red Koopas! But I have founded a Design error :
Overall, a really solid level!
2. Bad Timings
This second Level was also really good! The Music was...Interesting
... But the beginning of this level was kinda confusing to be honest but It wasn't bad!
3. Thanks for the Fish
Damn, this music fits so perfect in this level! I loved so much
! The level was really Solid man! I liked the Kaizo 1 part so much but the Disco shell, when the kaizo 1 part starts, wasn't necessary!
And the second room was actually pretty good and It's a WATER
Level. Also I have founded a Sticky muncher part:
4. PapaNug Pass
This is a good level, I like the abstract design and nothing to say about!
Interresting level name, It was also a
good level, I really like the idea in some parts that are similar from the first level
! But this level really reminds me of Iggy's Castle
! The boss was pretty easy for a kaizo hack but it's not bad, I liked it!
6. A slope in the Sun
It's not my favourite level because there are some confusing sections. Also please fix palette of the clouds and this muncher part: https://imgur.com/a/YZVa7i3
7. Green Switch
- Ouch, a lazy edit of GREEN SWITCH PALACE. The 'puzzle' was okay and you can also cheese in this section: https://imgur.com/a/fQ2whRG
, nothing more to say.
8. Deja Boo
- A very good concept with the ''Deja vu effect'' but it was kinda unfair to escape the deja vu to be honest. Overall a good level!
9. Crybaby Bridge
- Pretty Okay level, there are some palette errorsand sometimes, some sprites don't spawn. Also fix this cutoff: https://imgur.com/a/pIvizsf
10. Too Hot to trot
- A okay level, there are some cutoffs in this level and the second room was VERY similar to Vanilla Super Mario World.
11. Cave-Switch Engage
- Like the level name said, It's a ON/OFF Switch block level and I must say It's in my opinion the best level from this hack so far! No cutoffs, no sprite spawn issues and no palette errors, 10/10!
12. Toxic Shock
- A cool gimmick with the toxic water, the palette could be way better : https://imgur.com/a/JqNTvZP
13. Slow Ride
- A okay level, there some cutoffs and after the checkpoint, the Skeleton board despawn way to often :
14. YELLOW SWITCH PALACE
- Very decent level, I liked the Frozen and the mushroom concept a lot. But the palette could be better in my opinion and fix this cutoff: https://imgur.com/a/UPwmg1A
15. Replay Cement
- A very good level, I like it a lot! But fix this cutoff: https://imgur.com/a/vIxNbG6[/url]
16. Saw It coming
- Also a very good level man! The short Cape room part was also really good (and I really hate capes in kaizo). But the main problem with this level was the boss fight, It has cutoffs and slowdowns (at least I had one) https://imgur.com/a/OZQSCgT
And the final level: Neo Bowser - The last level was a boss fight and it was decent, the Neo palette could be better, cutoff and In my opinion,Bowser spawns too many goomba at the time, so this boss is kinda easy.
Overall about this hack, It's sad to see that this hack has many cutoffs, sprite spawn problems and lazy Vanilla Super Mario World edit's/parts which is sad for me to see. So my suggestion is to download this patch
for no longer having sprite limits issues (I know I sad that before) and If you making a level, make sure that your go on (in LM) Edit - Delete all because there is some vanilla SMW parts in your hack!
I wish your good luck with your Hack!
Also, sorry If my english wasn't good or If something wasn't clear to understanding