Another season (almost), another VGM contest. This year's summer contest is brought to you by Lazy, snoruntpyro, and (minimally) myself, which should bring a bit of variety to the song choices! As with the past few contests, there are a total of 100 regular songs to guess, and 7 additional "extreme" songs.
Also, amidst the 100 regular songs are two sneaky outliers - the IMPOSTOR, a song from something entirely other than a video game (e.g. tv, movie, misc. album, etc), and the COMPOSTER, a song composed by one of us specifically for the contest. Be sure to keep an eye out for those to potentially net some extra points!
For each song in the list, you only need to guess the name of the game it comes from. You can include the song title as well, but you won't get any extra points for it.
The scoring is as follows:
- 2 points - Guess the game correctly.
- 1 point - Guess the series/franchise that a song comes from, but not the game (e.g. "Mario" for Super Mario Odyssey would get 1 point). Game points and series points are mutually exclusive.
- 3 points - Identify which song is the COMPOSTER. (Note that there is no actual source for this one, so simply labelling it "composter" is enough.)
- Additional 2 points - Guess an extreme song correctly.
- Additional 1 point - Identify the IMPOSTOR. You do not necessarily have to guess the actual song to get this bonus point.
- Additional 1 point - Be the only person to identify a particular song.
There is one very important rule we are adding this time:
Do not, under any circumstance, discuss how many songs you have guessed, or hint at how much progress you have made.
We don't want people giving up because they know for sure they can't win. You are free to discuss specific songs, however, but keep it reasonable (of course, do NOT share your actual guesses with anyone). Failure to comply may result in disqualification. Sharing answers will net you a 3 day temporary ban.
Now, back onto better news: the songs!
The songs are all here! (alt mirror)
To submit your guesses, please compile them in a neat/organized list and send them directly to me, Sinc-X, either by site PM (preferred) or Discord DM, by June 15th, 2020, 23:59 UTC. This list only has to contain the songs you guessed, you don't have to include any empty guesses. Also, you can resubmit your guesses as often as you'd like, so don't worry too much about submitting early and remembering one later.
Get guessing, and have fun!