This koopa will become a rainbow shell when stomped. Additionally, if flipped with a feather, it'll ram towards the player. Inspired by the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door enemy of the same name.
Shell-less koopa was made by Thomas/kaizoman.
Backup (GIEPY) Backup (PIXI)
I converted this to PIXI, but then I found quite a few bugs or weird factors:
- The Koopa interacts with the player even when killed (similarly to Torpedo Teds).
- The shell-less Koopa that pops out of the shell hurts the player even while in the stunned/kickable state, and it doesn't get kick-killed. Also he doesn't hop into other shells.
- The Disco Shell the Koopa turns into is vulnerable to fireballs and cape.
- Flying into the Koopa shows static graphics before it eventually disappears.
And now, about the "ram towards the player" attack that happens when flipping the Shell with a cape spin:
- Sometimes the Shell doesn't interact with the player (it just passes through Mario).
- The Shell doesn't interact with sprites and it's immune to star power (apparently this is intentional but it looks pretty weird).
- If a wall blocks it, the Shell will just stay locked in place vibrating rather than bouncing off of it.
- The Shell will hurt the player even when riding Yoshi (rather than making Mario lose Yoshi).
- It's possible to grab the Shell shortly after flipping it with cape (it's rather precise, though), which will make it trigger the attack while Mario is holding it or after he drops/throws it, which can lead to some weird looking results.