Banner
The Old-School Level Design Contest ends in
9 DAYS, 9 HOURS, 54 MINUTES AND 54 SECONDS
Views: 892,390,420
Time:
11 users online: AppleBoy54321, Cheolpeoduck, Gamersmw, Giftshaven, Koop the Koopa, Morph Moth, Mutsurini443, ScatmanJones49, TheTaze, VLSkoot, Zeproide - Guests: 33 - Bots: 127 Users: 50,065 (2,330 active)
Latest: MateoHincapie
Tip: Use this patch to fix the bug where editing the upper right 8x8 tile of the sideways walking Koopa Troopa in GFX01 makes the coin sparkles look glitchy.
Not logged in.
The ASM Request Thread
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Display Case - The ASM Request Thread
Pages: « 1 212 13 14 15 16 17 » Link
Name: Flip gravity walk
Type: UberASM
Description: Instead of walking, mario flips gravity to the direction the dpad is pointing. (Can flip up down left and right)
Originally posted by DaHitmenGuy
It's been two months that my previous requests aren't claimed yet and I'm waiting. So I'm gonna do another request

Name: Lemmy Koopa Super Mario World original based graphics adapted
Type: Boss Sprite
Description: Is a boss acting like Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario Maker 2, he is landing on the ball and throws balls like the game, also the balls disapear when they hit the wall. The balls can't hurt Mario but makes Mario bounced depending of x or y positions. There are spike bomb graphics that Lemmy shots randomly, and they explode when it hits the wall.
Mario bounces on Lemmy and he ceilling to the player like Ludwig original boss. Also Lemmy has the same death animations from the original Super Mario World game as Ludwig, Morton and Roy when he is bounced the first and the last time like the original boss. The balls or spike bombs disapear when Mario jumps on Lemmy the last time before he dies.
Also in extra bytes could be phased specifically for future boss in whichever order
1st = He throws one ball. When is bounced the first time, he throws two balls and when is bounce the second time, he throws three balls
2nd = He throws one ball. When is bounced the first time, he throws two balls and when is bounce the second time, he throws three balls. From the first time that Lemmy is bounced, he randomly throws balls or spike bombs based New Super Mario Bros U Lemmy bombs (Is like Birdo throwing eggs and fireballs randomly).
3rd = Same as 2nd second extra byte regarding dropping spike bombs or balls, but the first time that he is bounced, he throws three balls and when is bounce the second time, he throws five balls.
References: - Lemmy Koopa Graphics Download
- Video Demostration of Koopalings #1
- Video Demostration of Koopalings #2
- Video Demostration of Koopalings #3


You want as much as possible can also be used this graphic !!

Name: Swap left/right while in water.
Type: block/UberASM (the one that fits better).
Description: a block that acts like water or an UberASM patch that makes the player go left if the right D-Pad button is being pressed and vice versa only while being in water.
Reference: DKC 3 - Poisonus Pipeline (the video doesn't show evidently what I mean to get with this request since the controller inputs aren't shown, but it's something that many of us may have experienced while playing this).



Thank you once again!
Nobody takes flopping Cheep-Cheeps seriously.

Background image: Snowy Mountains by Gamma V
Originally posted by Galeth
Name: Swap left/right while in water.
Type: block/UberASM (the one that fits better).
Description: a block that acts like water or an UberASM patch that makes the player go left if the right D-Pad button is being pressed and vice versa only while being in water.
Reference: DKC 3 - Poisonus Pipeline (the video doesn't show evidently what I mean to get with this request since the controller inputs aren't shown, but it's something that many of us may have experienced while playing this).



Thank you once again!


I think you're looking for this
Originally posted by RussianMan
Originally posted by Galeth
Name: Swap left/right while in water.
Type: block/UberASM (the one that fits better).
Description: a block that acts like water or an UberASM patch that makes the player go left if the right D-Pad button is being pressed and vice versa only while being in water.
Reference: DKC 3 - Poisonus Pipeline (the video doesn't show evidently what I mean to get with this request since the controller inputs aren't shown, but it's something that many of us may have experienced while playing this).

[...]

Thank you once again!


I think you're looking for this

... or this

--------------------
Mario Quits - My Kaizo hack in progress
Name: Wallclimb
Type: SMW Blocks

Instead to use always this patch.

--------------------
Currently working on The Mario's Greatest Adventure and Mario & Stitch vs. Devil Ztar: Part I. My next projects will be Mario & Stitch vs. Devil Ztar Part II & Part III (MSU-1 only) and The Mario's Greatest Adventure CD (MSU-1 only). My list of music request is in my bio. List Graphics
Originally posted by Brutapode89
Name: Wallclimb
Type: SMW Blocks

Instead to use always this patch.

If you don't want it in every level, there is an UberASM version as well.

--------------------
Mario Quits - My Kaizo hack in progress
Originally posted by DasFueller
Originally posted by Brutapode89
Name: Wallclimb
Type: SMW Blocks

Instead to use always this patch.

If you don't want it in every level, there is an UberASM version as well.


No. It's only to avoid that we can climb all walls in a level. It's for this reason I request it like SMW Block.

--------------------
Currently working on The Mario's Greatest Adventure and Mario & Stitch vs. Devil Ztar: Part I. My next projects will be Mario & Stitch vs. Devil Ztar Part II & Part III (MSU-1 only) and The Mario's Greatest Adventure CD (MSU-1 only). My list of music request is in my bio. List Graphics
Originally posted by ASSATAKKU
Originally posted by DaHitmenGuy
It's been two months that my previous requests aren't claimed yet and I'm waiting. So I'm gonna do another request

Name: Lemmy Koopa Super Mario World original based graphics adapted
Type: Boss Sprite
Description: Is a boss acting like Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario Maker 2, he is landing on the ball and throws balls like the game, also the balls disapear when they hit the wall. The balls can't hurt Mario but makes Mario bounced depending of x or y positions. There are spike bomb graphics that Lemmy shots randomly, and they explode when it hits the wall.
Mario bounces on Lemmy and he ceilling to the player like Ludwig original boss. Also Lemmy has the same death animations from the original Super Mario World game as Ludwig, Morton and Roy when he is bounced the first and the last time like the original boss. The balls or spike bombs disapear when Mario jumps on Lemmy the last time before he dies.
Also in extra bytes could be phased specifically for future boss in whichever order
1st = He throws one ball. When is bounced the first time, he throws two balls and when is bounce the second time, he throws three balls
2nd = He throws one ball. When is bounced the first time, he throws two balls and when is bounce the second time, he throws three balls. From the first time that Lemmy is bounced, he randomly throws balls or spike bombs based New Super Mario Bros U Lemmy bombs (Is like Birdo throwing eggs and fireballs randomly).
3rd = Same as 2nd second extra byte regarding dropping spike bombs or balls, but the first time that he is bounced, he throws three balls and when is bounce the second time, he throws five balls.
References: - Lemmy Koopa Graphics Download
- Video Demostration of Koopalings #1
- Video Demostration of Koopalings #2
- Video Demostration of Koopalings #3


You want as much as possible can also be used this graphic !!

Thanks dude, but I said asm sprites based on Super Mario Maker 2 moveset for new boss obstacles
Name: Jump Refresh by Killing Enemies

Type: UberASM (/ Patch)

Description:

The mechanic I want to request is, that when you kill an enemy or hit a specific block with a fireball (or possibly with something else, like a melee weapon e.g. a knife) you regain your jump so that you can jump in midair like in the game "The Messenger" (Obviously you had a knife in this game and when you sliced up an enemy, a projectile or a specific block you were able to jump again in midair for infinite amount of times if there were enough things to hit).

Video Reference for how the mechanic works

It would be cool to combine this with a knife which would kill sprites on contact (or just give you a jump if you hit "that specific block"), but I guess that would exceed the requesting limits.
Name: Per-Level/Per-Submap Goal Songs.
Type: Patch
Description: A patch that would allow the player to pick a song to play once a level's goal has been reached, on a per-level or per-submap basis. Could be useful if you want to have a goal song that fits a particular kind of level, but you don't want that song to play after every level.

References: This patch by Erik should be a good starting point.</div></div>

Been around a month since this was posted, so I'm gonna bump it up.

--------------------
"What's 9 + 10?"
-Jah
Request Name: Sunken Ghost Ship Fog
Type: Cluster or UberASM
Tool: PIXI or UberASM Tool

A transparent fog that can be used on any level besides the Sunken Ghost Ship.



--------------------


Have a frost day~
Puyo Maguro World Creator
Originally posted by Blizzard Buffalo
Request Name: Sunken Ghost Ship Fog
Type: Cluster or UberASM
Tool: PIXI or UberASM Tool

A transparent fog that can be used on any level besides the Sunken Ghost Ship.


That's just level mode 0E, nothing special about the Sunken Ship.

--------------------
Okay, my layout looks ugly.
Originally posted by MarioFanGamer

That's just level mode 0E, nothing special about the Sunken Ship.


My issue here is that Level Mode 0E is not available in other sets of level types for Layer 3 settings, and it's only available on Ghost themed levels (It only leaves me to use the beta cage thingie or any other layer effect besides otherwise). I would like a new version that can be used like Cluster or UberASM, which would be appreciated.

--------------------


Have a frost day~
Puyo Maguro World Creator


Originally posted by Blizzard Buffalo
My issue here is that Level Mode 0E is not available in other sets of level types for Layer 3 settings, and it's only available on Ghost themed levels (It only leaves me to use the beta cage thingie or any other layer effect besides otherwise). I would like a new version that can be used like Cluster or UberASM, which would be appreciated.

Just use a custom Layer 3 BG for that. Go to a level that has the mist, open the Layer 3 editor #lm{bg3}, and save it to export the tilemap to an ExGFX file. Then go to the level you want the mist in, open the Layer 3 settings #lm{l3gfxby}, and set the tileset (LT3) file to the ExGFX file you just saved.

Professional frame-by-frame time wizard. YouTube - Twitter - SMW Glitch List - SMW Randomizer
Originally posted by Thomas
Originally posted by Blizzard Buffalo
My issue here is that Level Mode 0E is not available in other sets of level types for Layer 3 settings, and it's only available on Ghost themed levels (It only leaves me to use the beta cage thingie or any other layer effect besides otherwise). I would like a new version that can be used like Cluster or UberASM, which would be appreciated.

Just use a custom Layer 3 BG for that. Go to a level that has the mist, open the Layer 3 editor #lm{bg3}, and save it to export the tilemap to an ExGFX file. Then go to the level you want the mist in, open the Layer 3 settings #lm{l3gfxby}, and set the tileset (LT3) file to the ExGFX file you just saved.


Ah, got it fam, thanks a lot! This small tip improved my life!

Anyways, I'm gonna change my request then later.

--------------------


Have a frost day~
Puyo Maguro World Creator
Name : Goombrat/Classic Goomba
Type : Sprite
Description: It's like Sonikku's Galoombrat/Galoomba, but is squishable.
GFX:
here

--------------------
i like dogs
Originally posted by Blizzard Buffalo
Request Name: Fake Evil Feather
Type: Sprite
Tool: PIXI

An evil fake feather to complete the Doppelshroom and Evil Fire Flower. Good for gimmick levels that encourage avoiding from power-ups.


Alright, I will return to request this sprite.

--------------------


Have a frost day~
Puyo Maguro World Creator
Name: Overworld Messages
Type: Patch (I guess?)
Tool: Asar

This patch (?) will allow mario, after pressing the button to enter a level on the overworld, to open a message box instead of entering the level so that you are able to make for example signposts messages directly on the Overworld which will be triggered, how said, by pressing the button to enter a level.

--------------------
Imagine a signature here
Name : Pipe Enter/Exit Priority Mask
Type : Patch
Description : Similar to the Item Block Priority Mask, When the player enters/exits the pipe, put a mask tile (default: C0) after the pipe tile.

--------------------
𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪𝄪
Pages: « 1 212 13 14 15 16 17 » Link
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Display Case - The ASM Request Thread

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks