In the spirit of old forum games like this, let's write some ASM together! Everyone contributes one line at a time, and ideally at the end we'll have a working code that does... something.
The title says "patch" for catchiness, but technically we'd probably better off writing an uberASM code to save us the boilerplate of hijacking, freecode and all that.
- write one line of code at a time
- let's no be too strict on what counts as one line: you get label definitions for free, and things that go together like
CLC : ADCare also fine.
- try not to break things! A random
BRKis no fun. The plan is to get something ridiculous but working.
- I'll reserve the right to exclude or correct lines that won't assemble properly or ruin the fun.
- at the end (whenever it feels like the end) I'll post the compiled code and try to comment on what it does.
Again, maybe this is too crazy to work out (or it'll break some postcount++ rule?), but here goes nothing.
I'll start us off with: