Banner
Views: 859,346,242
Time:
17 users online: anonimzwx, Ayami, AyGaAlPa, brickblock369, Daizo Dee Von, josee_544, Kusrry, Mirann, napkinikpan, OhMuramatsu, robinton, ronaldo,  Sinc-X, supermargot,  Tahixham, WhiteYoshiEgg, Wiimeiser - Guests: 59 - Bots: 63 Users: 47,496 (2,212 active)
Latest: Drippz85
Tip: Test your levels as all forms of Mario (small, super, fire, cape). If it's possible to enter a level with Yoshi, make sure to test that as well.Not logged in.
VANILLA LEVEL DESIGN CONTEST 11 - The (unofficial) Collaboration (Demo bugtesting available!)
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - VANILLA LEVEL DESIGN CONTEST 11 - The (unofficial) Collaboration (Demo bugtesting available!)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
After over 1 year the contest has ended, the collab you've all doubted was happening for has finally entered developement...

VANILLA LEVEL DESIGN CONTEST 11

COLLABORATION HACK


                                                                      
Currently working on: Bug-testing


Get ready to replay all the best and craziest levels from yesteryear!

List of things needed for opportunities to work on.



Helpful Diagram of level locations.
∙ Note: Anyone can work on any of these of they'd like to, even if someone else might be working on them, or even multiple things can be worked on.

"To Do" List
Bugs to fix:
∙ Fix Dragon Coin/Moon counters for Overworld Indicators
∙ Fix Overworld Indicators for bsnes
∙ Exit counter on file-select screen

Things to add:
∙ Widescreen Overworld
∙ Multiple OW Music Tracks (Wait for Main Map to be complete)

Download a demo here!
Why make the secret exit count as normal?

This is the sight we had one day on the high mountain: We saw a lamb with seven eyes, We saw a beast with seven horns, and a book sealed with seven seals, seven angels with seven trumpets, and seven bowls filled with anger.
Those are the pictures of what was, what is and what has to come.
We are the people, the rolling people, the why people, the waiting people, the wanting people, the tambourine people, the alternative people, the angel people...

Well, someone had to do it, right?
I must praise your team's initiative since many people love to play event collabs (as VLDC), but with the increase in the base number of entries this becomes extremely complicated to make one.

If possible, could you update the authorship of level SWEET DREAMS to my current nickname? Thanks in advance.

--------------------
"If you imitate someone, you can never surpass them."

Welcome to the Abyss!

I'm glad to see this team bringing this compilation to life! I'd be glad to help in anyway I can if it's possible.

--------------------
Trying out a new layout!


idk if you're looking for stuff like this or actual levels tho
I know the demo is buggy but in SomeGuy712x's level, the Yoshi filter didn't work, allowing me to enter the yellow pipe right away:


--------------------





YouTube
there must be new maps to cooperate #smrpg{y}

--------------------


List Soundtrack - List Hacks
I am very surprise that a VLDC11 Collab hack was going to be made but it is still cool though to see.

--------------------
Userbar made by Green Jerry





Originally posted by Samuel Zuccati
Why make the secret exit count as normal?

Some levels end off with a key instead of a goal sphere/boss/goal tape, which activate the secret exit yet doesn't activate the green checkmark on the overworld. I haven't found any patch or UberASM that changes this, nor a code for the Overworld Indicators patch that just shows the Secret Exit icon (The key) instead of a checkmark.

Originally posted by Green Jerry
I know the demo is buggy but in SomeGuy712x's level, the Yoshi filter didn't work, allowing me to enter the yellow pipe right away:

Some levels get screwed up in the insertion process. I always playtest the level before considering it succesfully implemented, but I don't have time to replay every level after updating. I leave the demo out for people to catch these problems in advance, so any help is appreciated :)

Originally posted by Hobz
idk if you're looking for stuff like this or actual levels tho

A bit of a mix of that, plus some puzzle elements can help to (See VLDC9 switch palaces for inspiration)

Originally posted by TheMorganah
If possible, could you update the authorship of level SWEET DREAMS to my current nickname? Thanks in advance.

Lucky for you everybody's nickname in the hack is already going to be updated to their current name (Such as Super Maks 64 > ASMagician Maks, or Emerald Shell > 7 up)
Originally posted by AnEvilGhost
Originally posted by Samuel Zuccati
Why make the secret exit count as normal?

Some levels end off with a key instead of a goal sphere/boss/goal tape, which activate the secret exit yet doesn't activate the green checkmark on the overworld. I haven't found any patch or UberASM that changes this, nor a code for the Overworld Indicators patch that just shows the Secret Exit icon (The key) instead of a checkmark.

There also is another reason: VLDC11 only allows for one exit per level so there simply does not exist any reason whether an exit is a normal exit or a secret exit, merely whether you have beaten a level.

Either way, if you want to disable secret exits with the key hole, a hex edit at $00C4AF should do it:
Code
org $00C4AF
db $01


--------------------
Okay, my layout looks ugly.

The demo has been updated. Includes 11 new levels and hopefully some fixes
and new bugs maybe.

I've been needing a break from other things lately. Is it okay for me to try my hand at making the industrial map? Not the best with things like ASM, but I think I could still manage to make a good submap for it.

--------------------
Trying out a new layout!
I really love that you're taking the time to do this. These collab hacks are huge efforts and everyone working on them deserves huge props.
As someone who could never find motivation to participate in voting due to the sheer amount of downloading and patching to be done, I very much appreciate having everything in one sweet package. My friends have all loved watching me play through the previous collabs and I can't wait to give this one a shot when it's done!
Here's the sky submap so far.
I will animate the clouds and maybe even try adding a layer 3 parallax.


Originally posted by Digital Entertainment
I've been needing a break from other things lately. Is it okay for me to try my hand at making the industrial map? Not the best with things like ASM, but I think I could still manage to make a good submap for it.

Go ahead! I don't see why not.

Originally posted by Stivi
Here's the sky submap so far.
I will animate the clouds and maybe even try adding a layer 3 parallax.

Thanks for helping creating the Sky overworld! :)
Bugs and Oversights I found while playing:

-In Vanish Castle, the 1-up midway sends you to the last part of Crystarph Hallows
-hunted as wolves, folly as brey does have a moon even thought the Overworld Map doesn't says so.

This is the sight we had one day on the high mountain: We saw a lamb with seven eyes, We saw a beast with seven horns, and a book sealed with seven seals, seven angels with seven trumpets, and seven bowls filled with anger.
Those are the pictures of what was, what is and what has to come.
We are the people, the rolling people, the why people, the waiting people, the wanting people, the tambourine people, the alternative people, the angel people...

VLDC11 Map Music list (by Dispace):
- Industrial Map
- Forest Map

--------------------
Tonight.. tonight..

Join Discord server now: Troblex Media, Droplex' Hangout, r/Dispace Troblex

My YouTube Channel: Dispace Troblex

Swamped with work lately, but I managed to squeeze time in the mornings to work on this collab. Up to 70 levels now, and the demo has been updated!
Sadly, I haven't been able to find the remaining music tracks so far, but the needed tracks are in the drop-down in the first post.

Originally posted by Samuel Zuccati
Bugs and Oversights I found while playing:

-In Vanish Castle, the 1-up midway sends you to the last part of Crystarph Hallows
-hunted as wolves, folly as brey does have a moon even thought the Overworld Map doesn't says so.

Sniped these problems and fixed. Thanks for noticing.

Originally posted by Dispace
VLDC11 Map Music list (by Dispace):
- Industrial Map
- Forest Map

Thanks for taking the time to create some new music for the game!
how did you managed to put all the levels together?
Ice Submap music
Any feedback is appreciated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - VANILLA LEVEL DESIGN CONTEST 11 - The (unofficial) Collaboration (Demo bugtesting available!)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy