Banner
Views: 873,785,028
Time:
22 users online: autisticsceptile1993,  BeeKaay, Dippy, DPBOX,  Eevee, GbreezeSunset, Golden Yoshi, KiloMinimo, Koopster, LEGOgucci,  MarioFanGamer, Minish Yoshi, Mirann, Narcologer, oderjunks, Otacon333, qantuum, quietmason, Raymondsze, Sancles, WhiteYoshiEgg, yoshi9429 - Guests: 91 - Bots: 90 Users: 48,660 (2,411 active)
Latest: funnyusername47
Not logged in.
Super Mario World - Season 2
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Super Mario World - Season 2
Pages: « 1 2 » Link
Here's my first hack rom called Super Mario World - Season 2.
Title:

The hack game is from my timeline Super Mario World sequel, it's about the events after the original game. Bowser kidnapped the princess Peach again to another realm (Kingdom).
The game styles is like the original game, that's why I called season 2, new and old graphics will be Super Mario stylish.
- New enemies are coming to the game and the old enemies return.
- New graphics and themes (existing graphics in this page like Super Mario Maker series and Super Mario World stylish).
- New music (existing graphics in this page like Super Mario Maker series and Super Mario World stylish).
- Luigi Super Mario Maker 2 graphics adapted (I will add a patch for Luigi 2 players
- I will get more updates on development

World 1 - Grassy Hills
Is a simple world like all the game, grassy and normal. The World is complete, but in this week i'm gonna upload more screen of this world 1

1-1

1-2

1-3

Congrats on setting out on making your first hack, and I wish you best of luck! #w{=)}

Now, judging from the screenshots, the first grassy level seems a bit flat, and I don't want to say 'boring' but that might be a good word.

And for future reference, videos do a much better job displaying level progress than screenshots, and it really is a better idea to wait until you have more to show for the project before showing it off.

That being said, keep doing what you're doing, accept constructive criticism, and I'm sure your hack will turn out great.



Twitch < > Dailymotion < > Youtube


Thanks for your support and appreciation, I keep in mind that you say, soon I will upload videos or a demo of this hack (maybe when I upload until World 2 finale), I assure you that the difficulty of the levels can be raised #smrpg{y}
There are more photos of World 1

1-4: An athetic level with Goombuds debut


1-Yellow Switch Palace


1-Castle
I will keep Iggy as main boss from Castle 1, so I'm waiting the request of some koopalings with new movements. Is not confirmed yet who is the boss of castle 1


THE COMPLETE WORLD 1


In the next month i'm gonna upload screenshots of World 2 and also I will upload videos or animations of that world
WORLD 2 - WESTERN GROUNDS
Is a western desert themed world, inspired on Chocolate Island and Super Mario Maker 2 desert theme
There are screenshots of the first half of the World 2

2-1


2-2


2-Ghost House
Concluding the world 2 of the hack game guys
2-3 A level with Super Koopas


2-4


2-5


2-Secret
The classics never die!


2-Green Switch Palace


2-Castle
I will keep Morton as main boss from Castle 2, so I'm waiting the request of some koopalings with new movements. Is not confirmed yet who is the boss of castle 2


2-Airship
Here is another classic, do you know


THE COMPLETE WORLD 2
There is my first demo level gameplay of the game
- Western Secret Gameplay

And also there is a new background

WORLD 3 - COCKTAIL LAKE
Is a simple tropical beach themed world

There are screenshots only for this level, the others, i'm gonna upload in this month

3-1 With new background
Regarding the video: The level looks pretty good, if a bit short. I love levels that manage to get some use out of the angry sun.

There is one notable issue though, that you actually kind of illustrate at the 0:13 mark; it's a little too easy to just fly over everything and skip over the level completely, making the level kind of meaningless. Unless that's what your intention was, in which case fine, though I'd kind of advise against making too many levels like that or else a lot of the game could be marginalized by the player.

If you want to prevent it, you can just add a few more pipes hanging from the sky (like the one at 0:11) to stop the player from flying too high for too long.
I'm gonna keep in mind your advice, as I told you, is my first gameplay. But I will try to fit with the pipes #smrpg{y}
Hi! There are more screenshots of World 3
3-2


3-3


3-Fortress: This is the first fortress of the game


3-4


3-5
Wait, the first fortress of the game is in world 3? How will that work?

Originally posted by DaHitmenGuy


"Did you see the solid colored blocks and the other not?" is phrased awkwardly. The player might not understand what it's trying to say. Also, on a more minor note, you might want to put a period at the end of the last sentence.

Otherwise, these screenshots once again look pretty good.
Originally posted by K.T.B.
Wait, the first fortress of the game is in world 3? How will that work?

The first question, yes. Did you see my previous screenshots of the Worlds 1 and 2?.

The last question, the fortress might be hazardous, there is a demo coming soon.

Originally posted by K.T.B.
"Did you see the solid colored blocks and the other not?" is phrased awkwardly. The player might not understand what it's trying to say. Also, on a more minor note, you might want to put a period at the end of the last sentence.

Otherwise, these screenshots once again look pretty good.


I'm gonna fix that question that you marked for all the players, including me. And the period, I forgot to put that. Thanks for that and for appreciating my screenshots #smrpg{y}
From the screenshots so far the level designs look fine.
Just the world 1 map looks a bit...empty,I know its harder to mess with the OW, but maybe some decorations or ground formation could help improve it?
World 2 looks a lot better tho.

Also one thing I would like to know, I saw that this hack is going for a more pure vanilla SMW with its paletes and graphics as well with only a few new stuff, will this hack feature only the original SMW soundtrack or will there be some custom songs as well? I think that the original ost could get a bit repetitive but some SMM or VLDC songs could solve that while keeping the SMW-ish feeling.

EDIT:btw, just saw the gameplay video you showcased, the level feels a bit empty decoration-wise as well, I think some more visual details would be nice, also I dont know if it is purposedly linear for all levels, but maybe some exploration and secrets to find?
The Western Secret isn't too shabby, I liked how it looked but adding more decorations would make it stand out a bit more. Since it's a mountain/desert level, adding rough terrain will make it stand out better.
I'm talking about these boys. (don't mind the enemies please :))



Adding slopes to any level would make it a bit better, even if there's no decorations nearby.

Either way I like how it looks and adding a custom track or two wouldn't change the gameplay of the level anyway #w{:>}. Maybe some SMM2 or SMM1 tracks wouldn't hurt.

Also we didn't get the World 3 Map yet, making a water based overworld with vanilla tiles can be hard at times, but if done right can be fantastic and beautiful to look at. #smrpg{y}

Lots of love, S1Z2 #w{<3}

--------------------
Remember, not everyone is best at their job.
There will always be a person above their skill level.

Check out some of my hacks!

YASMA (Demo)
Christmas Island
Mario's Short Journey (testing forum)
Originally posted by bandicoot
From the screenshots so far the level designs look fine.
Just the world 1 map looks a bit...empty,I know its harder to mess with the OW, but maybe some decorations or ground formation could help improve it?
World 2 looks a lot better tho.


I apreciate your support bandicoot. For the world screenshots, I will update and decorate the World 1 and the World 2 I don't change anything

Originally posted by bandicoot
Also one thing I would like to know, I saw that this hack is going for a more pure vanilla SMW with its paletes and graphics as well with only a few new stuff, will this hack feature only the original SMW soundtrack or will there be some custom songs as well? I think that the original ost could get a bit repetitive but some SMM or VLDC songs could solve that while keeping the SMW-ish feeling.


There will be some custom songs based of Super Mario Maker 2 game SMW style depending of the theme as well

Originally posted by bandicoot
EDIT:btw, just saw the gameplay video you showcased, the level feels a bit empty decoration-wise as well, I think some more visual details would be nice, also I dont know if it is purposedly linear for all levels, but maybe some exploration and secrets to find?


I'm gonna make obstacles in the level, as I told you, is my first gameplay demo and my first rom hack and I apreciate your support as I told you #smrpg{y}

Originally posted by Segment1Zone2
The Western Secret isn't too shabby, I liked how it looked but adding more decorations would make it stand out a bit more. Since it's a mountain/desert level, adding rough terrain will make it stand out better.
I'm talking about these boys. (don't mind the enemies please :))

Adding slopes to any level would make it a bit better, even if there's no decorations nearby.


I like the idea, but in the upcoming worlds will be harder at some levels

Originally posted by Segment1Zone2
Either way I like how it looks and adding a custom track or two wouldn't change the gameplay of the level anyway #w{:>}. Maybe some SMM2 or SMM1 tracks wouldn't hurt.

Also we didn't get the World 3 Map yet, making a water based overworld with vanilla tiles can be hard at times, but if done right can be fantastic and beautiful to look at. #smrpg{y}


There are more surprises, ¿did you see the level 3-4?, is based of Mondo from original game, can be hard for some players and easy for the others #smw{:peace:}
Kind of a nitpick, but I think the L3 tide palette on 3-4 detracts from the atmosphere a bit, I'd probably make it more orangeish to blend in better with the sunset atmosphere. It'd also be nice to give the player some alternative method of crossing obstacles like the one on the second screen when the tide is low so you're not forced to wait for too long (eg. a spiny over the munchers so you can spinjump on it to cross the gap). Other than that, looking good so far.
Hey guys! I'm gonna conclude with this beach world, so I'm gonna show you the screenshots of the last levels of the world.

3-6


3-Secret


3-Castle
I will keep Lemmy as main boss from Castle 3, so I'm waiting the request of some koopalings with new movements. Is not confirmed yet who is the boss of castle 3


Also there is a secret area for the World 3


THE COMPLETE WORLD 3
OP, you have a problem on your first post.
Originally posted by DaHitmenGuy
- New graphics and themes (existing graphics in this page like Super Mario Maker series and Super Mario World stylish).
- New music (existing graphics in this page like Super Mario Maker series and Super Mario World stylish).


Just a reminder, to fix this issue.
Also which exit brings you to the castle in 3-4, secret exit or normal exit. If the latter, then 3-Secret is just pointless to play.

Although I'm more interested in the castle, would you be kind to do a gameplay video of the 3-Castle, Since from the screenshots I'm seeing, it looks bombarded with Ball n' Chains which can cause lag and flickering player graphics. Good Luck on your project! #smrpg{y}

Lots of love, S1Z2 #w{<3}

--------------------
Remember, not everyone is best at their job.
There will always be a person above their skill level.

Check out some of my hacks!

YASMA (Demo)
Christmas Island
Mario's Short Journey (testing forum)
Originally posted by DaHitmenGuy
- I will get more updates on development

I mean, there will new graphics out of this page too like my new beach background, tileset from autors that I'm going to credit them and new tilesets created by myself.

Originally posted by Segment1Zone2
Just a reminder, to fix this issue.
Also which exit brings you to the castle in 3-4, secret exit or normal exit. If the latter, then 3-Secret is just pointless to play.


There are more suprises when I will launch the complete game and future gameplay demos

Originally posted by Segment1Zone2
Although I'm more interested in the castle, would you be kind to do a gameplay video of the 3-Castle, Since from the screenshots I'm seeing, it looks bombarded with Ball n' Chains which can cause lag and flickering player graphics. Good Luck on your project! #smrpg{y}


Really I'm gonna upload 2 or 3 videos of the gameplay demo this week (one of those is the 3-castle). Thanks for your support pal #smrpg{y}
Originally posted by DaHitmenGuy
I mean, there will new graphics out of this page too like my new beach background, tileset from autors that I'm going to credit them and new tilesets created by myself.


You missed my point, I was trying to tell you that you wrote the same thing for both the music and the graphics, i.e. this bracket:
(existing graphics in this page like Super Mario Maker series and Super Mario World stylish).

For the "- New Music" you should write something like: (Existing music, in a Super Mario Maker and Super Mario World Styled soundfont.)

Glad to see that you're keeping everything secret, like a real hitman would #smw{;)}

Anyway, if you need any help with your project, you're free to contact me via PM.

Lots of love, S1Z2 #w{<3}

--------------------
Remember, not everyone is best at their job.
There will always be a person above their skill level.

Check out some of my hacks!

YASMA (Demo)
Christmas Island
Mario's Short Journey (testing forum)
Pages: « 1 2 » Link
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Super Mario World - Season 2

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks