This is something I'm working on. I initially started it to keep myself occupied during the Covid-19 lockdown and I've been working on it in my free time ever since.
A Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island (U) [!] ROM is required. I'll add support for international versions later.
- Level editor
- Level entrance editor
- Midway entrance editor
- Level name editor
- Sprite set editor
- Display graphics for objects and sprites in room editor
- Better screen exit display
- Better object/sprite names and descriptions (I borrowed those from EggVine v0.81+ for now)
- More descriptive level header editor
- Auto scroll editor
- Message/other text editor
- Expand room upon saving if required
- Expand level name if exceeds original length
- WYSIWYG interface for text editors
- Overworld editor
- Extra options menu
More interesting room editor toolbar
- 240x160 screen viewer
Drag and drop from object/sprite window
- Scan room for undefined exits
- Support other versions of the ROM
- Right click to create copy objects/sprites
- Select multiple objects/sprites
- Import/export rooms
Due to the similarities between both versions, I may eventually add support for the SNES version, however it's not a top priority.
Please feel free to suggest any more you can think of!
(please don't be put off by the EggVine-like appearance, as it's only temporary!)
Level name editor
(I just noticed I forgot to display the pointers. Silly me 😂 I'll fix that next time)
Level entrance editor
Midway entrance editor
Sprite set editor
Thanks to Golden Yoshi for beta testing and SBird from the PokeCommunity for writing the GBA C# library I'm using, without which, this project could not have happened.
Note that since this is such an early release, although it's been tested and I've made every effort to find and fix them, there are sure to be bugs. Please report any you find!
Feel free to ask any questions about SMA3 hacking too. You can find out more here