I haven't worked on any project this time but it turns out I have a lot of unreleased resources lying around, gathered from the past year and a half or so, so I put most of them in a nice and compact zip file so I can release them here. Obviously, you should expect varying quality, especially in the music part. I'll submit whatever is up to moderation standards later, but for now here's the thing:
There's 11 asm resources and 49 music ports, so now I'll go through everything quickly.
Overworld Warp Menu
This is a simplistic-looking menu that allows you to warp around on different OW spots. You can open it at any time on the overworld by pressing Select, and dismiss it with either Select or by pressing the "Exit" option (which can be removed, to not clutter up the menu). It's meant to be used as an easy way to backtrack in bigger hacks, but it can be also used to unlock new areas accessible only with this method. It works by unlocking new warp points after certain events have been triggered, so you can control when a certain warp will become accessible. Most stuff you see can be customized in the defines file, like the position of the various elements on the screen, how many options are displayed at once, and of course all the warp names and where they will take you. Additionally, you can have up to 253 (or 254? not sure) warp points. It uses layer 3 tiles, so it should work fine in most cases, and it only requires one custom 8x8 tile for the optional counter at the bottom right (also fun fact, the darken screen effect is the same used during the "game over" screen). Finally, it's all in a uberasm file, so it's easy to insert and remove.
(In the gif everything is unlocked just for demonstration purposes)
A uberasm inspired by the classic "Blackout Basement" gimmick, but with the lights fading in/out instead of sudden changes. You can have both the usual lights that just go on and off periodically, or have them act based on some switch (ON/OFF, POW, Red Switch Block). You can also easily customize how bright and dark the lights will go, and how long the transitions will take.
Exactly what the name entails.
Note: to sync the animation with the vanilla munchers, use slots 3,B,13,... Even then, sometimes they will start on the "wrong" frame of the animation, but this can be fixed by exanimating the blocks too instead of using the vanilla animation.
Extended sprites interact with blocks
A uberasm to make extended sprites (like baseballs, fireballs, etc.) trigger blocks (like ? blocks, ON/OFF, etc.). In the asm file you can set which specific extended sprites this effect will apply to. It currently only works on vanilla blocks (it uses the act as for custom blocks), but I plan on adding custom block support too (maybe making them execute the "MarioFireball" offset). Edit: I added it here.
Baby Yoshi explodes
A dumb uberasm that kills Baby Yoshi in an explosion when he doesn't eat for too much time.
Layer 2 Falls
Basically a disassembly of sprite ED, but in uberasm form. You can customize some parameters like speed, acceleration or even which layer the effect applies to (1 or 2).
Custom "High and Low" Tides
A patch+uberasm to change the "high and low" tides parameters per level. You can change how high and low the tide goes, how fast it moves and how long it passes between movements.
One Hit ON/OFF Switch
A very simple uberasm to make all vanilla ON/OFF switches in a level be one-use, by turning them into used blocks. I made this because I needed one-hit blocks but didn't like not having the bounce animation (although with this all switches will have this effect, so it's very situational).
Change sprites with ON/OFF
An old request that changes all spawned instances of a specific sprite to another one, and viceversa. I should expand this to allow for more than one pair to be switched, but I'm lazy sometimes.
Sprites jump when Mario jumps
Literally what the name says. It's silly and might be jank (or not work at all) with some specific sprites.
Bring items eaten by Yoshi through doors/pipes
A uberasm that stores whatever item is in Yoshi's mouth through a room transition. Might be useful if you need this only in specific levels, or you just don't want to use the "Carry Sprites Through Doors and Pipes" patch.
Green Bean RaftSee here.
- Actraiser: I started working on this OST shortly after the Super Metroid one, but got bored with it halfway through, and here's what I got done. I guess since now soundtracks are not accepted anymore I'll just submit the songs I have individually.
- Alcahest: mostly requests for a hack, and additional items for my Alcahest soundtrack project (I don't really have a project, but since I'm the only one doing them I might as well make it seem an important thing).
- Earthworm Jim 1&2: most of them are just SPC2MML ports with a huge insert size and that barely work (also kind of janky with sound effects). The two good ones, which are actual ports, are "For Pete's Sake" and "Lorenzen's Soil".
- Waterworld - Diving: a small update to this port, with some minor fixes and added an optional echo setting. Also included a version with a shorter intro.
- Tempest - Acidjazzed Evening: the port I used for VLDC12. 80% of the work was done by it2amk, and it's not optimized very well (insert size is like 0x5000 or something dumb like that).
- Time Trax - Mission Briefing: a port from the never released game for the Genesis, and only soundtrack for this console where Tim Follin worked on. I don't love the port, but it's mostly not that bad, so here it is I guess. I originally ported it for my KLDC 2020 level.
- Pokémon DPPt - Eterna Forest: my Super Famicompo 2 submission, unchanged. You can't actually insert this in SMW (well, you can't even compile the SPC with a normal AMK build lol), I just included it in case someone wants to do something with it or wants to use the samples. Also yeah, both the text and the sample folder are a huge mess, sorry.
- Final Fantasy VII - Fighting: not super accurate, I rememeber using some random midi found online. I like the FF6 samples though.
- Energy Breaker: this game has got a lot of good tunes and great RPG samples, I'm surprised there's very few ports from it in the section.
- Streets of Rage 2 - In the bar: kind of a weird port, I basically copied the drum loop from this port and since it didn't sound too bad I left it like that.
- Mega Man 9 - Concrete Man: a simple port of this song using MM7 samples. Originally ported for MDBattleFrog's KLDC 2020 level.
- Star Fox - Slot Machine: epic port used in idol&medic's KLDC 2020 level, "Circadian" (in the room).Klungo
- DKC2 - Donkey Kong Rescued, MM&B - Coldman, Sonic 3 - Final Boss, Terranigma - Dark Side Field: various ports I did but someone else submitted before I could. Just putting them here for completeness, but other than that they're mostly the same as the ones in the music section.
- Everything else: there's stuff from Killer Instinct, Contra 3, Ninja Warriors, Street Fighter 2, TMNT IV, etc. I don't have anything worthy to say about those, you will have to just see for yourself.
If you got here, you're a super player!! Anyway, I hope you like at least some of this stuff and have a nice C3!