Hey people! Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad for the positive feedback.
Just a few heads up about some questions people did for me:
1. The patch is stable and is can be used by all SMW hackers. I made sure to test it extensively and some people like LX5 and Anas helped me though the testing phrase.
2. The graphics of the snow and tree are available here
. The trunk uses the original graphics and the snow flakes were drawn by me.
3. If your ROM already uses SA-1, you don't need to port and start from scratch to use MaxTile. Just make sure to run your preferred Sprite Tool immediately to reinsert the hijacks that SA-1 Pack overrides.
4. The patch should not cause any incompatibility issues. If your ROM works fine with SA-1 Pack v1.36, MaxTile will work without issue.
5. If you don't plan to make custom sprites larger than 112x112 or use the custom priority structure, you can keep the rendering the graphics in the old way without problem.
And... If you got MaxTile working, make sure to share screenshots of your level setup with me! I would like to make a small image gallery with custom sprites and/or vanilla sprites that works perfectly with MaxTile.
- SnesLab Discord