Tip: If you make a change to your ROM that you regret, just go to File > Restore > Restore ROM to Previous State in the menu. From there, you can select a restore point and revert your ROM to a previous state.
I have not hacked since 2014, but back then I made 13 levels and I'd prefer to keep working from where I left off. Over the last week, I loaded my previous ROM into Lunar Magic 3.21 and I realized there were some issues.
1. Goal point tape does not work in any of my levels with custom sprites (via Romi's Sprite Tool)
2. Apparently PIXL is the editor now, but how can I port my Romi's sprite list over for use with that one successfully?
3. My status bar colors on a couple levels with custom palettes (YI Watch out for Lakitu BG) are messed up
4. My folders were very disorganized, what is the best way to organize them for effectiveness?
With these few things in mind, I'd like to continue working on my hack, as I had about 2 worlds done, but it does seem like everything I was working with was outdated and I'm debating porting everything over to a new ROM. What is the best advice for how to most easily keep working on my hack from years ago?
1. Goal tapes don't work because you loaded your old rom in a new version of lunar magic.
2. I don't know what PIXL is can you explain what that is? Then I could help you.
3. Your custom palette might have overlapped with the status bar palette.
4. I recommend having a big folder with all of your smw stuff. Inside that big folder you should have a other other folder's for your custom sprites, custom block's,custom music, tool's, custom graphic's. and your rom.