This is an idea I came up with last night. It’s basically a high score competition for the original SMW. Each person submits a video of them on a certain level, and the highest scores are tallied up and given points.
1st Place: 3 points
2nd Place: 2 points
3rd Place: 1 point
- There is a
48-hour (As of Donut Secret 1) time period for submitting the video of the level.
- If you are found to have cheated in any way, the first violation will be a 3 point deduction and disqualification of the entry
and second violation will be complete disqualification from the competition
. Cheating includes but is not limited to using codes or copying the video off someone else, in the competition or outside of it.
- The status of Mario when he enters the level doesn’t matter. He can be small, big, cape, fire, or have a Yoshi. Whatever you think gives the best advantage.
- It’s easiest for me if the level is uploaded in to Photobucket or Youtube, but anything that can be uploaded online is fine.
- If you don’t want to post your level, you can PM it to me.
- The challenge will end when all levels (with the exception of Bowser's Castle and Switch Palaces) are completed.
- If the level has two exits, EITHER EXIT IS ACCEPTABLE.
- In the case of a tie, the tiebreaker is the quickest time.
- The player MUST finish the level (In effect AFTER Yoshi's Island 2)
- Each participant can only submit ONE video (In effect AFTER Yoshi's Island 2)
- There may be other rules added if the need arises.
- This post has some information about private submissions as well as the 48 hour rule change.
- Reserve feather drop +1000 each time
Now, it’s time for the first level!
Yoshi’s Island 1
Deadline is 1:00 PM 26 August 2008 (SMWC Server Time)
--------------------[Credit for avatar]