After a couple of years away, we are pleased to present to you the return of SMW Central's official Minecraft server... KoopaCraft!
Right now, we're considering the server in a "beta phase", and we would love to take this opportunity between now and the first update for Caves and Cliffs to play with you all and see how things go. Our new Paper server for 1.16.5 can be found all the way across the ocean in Tahixham's bri'ish house.
To help make playing a fun experience for all, we have a few plugins installed:
• DiscordSRV - for account verification and a chat bridge between the game and #koopacraft on the SMW Central Discord Server. More on this below.
• Essentials - opens up a good selection of QOL commands for players, such as /home and /warp(s).
• FastLeafDecay - we know how annoying it is waiting for trees to decay to get those juicy saplings, so this should make it easier for you.
• BetterSleeping3 - to allow skipping night when a percentage of players are sleeping (planned to be set at 33%).
• DeadChest - losing your items when you die is a player's biggest fear, so with this plugin you can go back and retrieve your items! You'll have two hours to go back to your death coordinates to get them.
In order to play on the server, you will need to be a member of the SMW Central Discord Server. You will then need to attempt to join the Minecraft server, and it will provide you with a four-digit code to DM to our KoopaCraft bot (who can be found in #koopacraft). Once done, you're all setup and ready to play! It's as simple as that. Additionally, all players are given the @KoopaCraft Players Discord role, so we can let you know on server-related announcements.
The in-game chat will be mirrored across to #koopacraft, and messages into that channel will be mirrored into the game. Messages from the Discord will be prefixed with a [D] in-game. All of SMW Central's Discord rules therefore apply to the game chat, as well as the main site rules.
I'd like to present your KoopaCraft Moderators team. Myself, LMNtals, Losoall, Nameless, and Slash Man are the main moderation team, and Telinc1 is part of the team to help us with technical support due to their extensive knowledge with previous iterations of the server. Any issues with the game, such as your home being destroyed or someone being unpleasent, you can report them to these guys by pinging @KoopaCraft Mods. Additionally, server bugs can be reported to @KoopaCraft Admins.
The full breakdown of server rules can be found on the information page, but here is a quick overview:
• No account sharing
• No griefing or stealing
• No cheating, x-ray texture packs, or hacking
• Build at least 64 (4 chunks) away from the spawn area (this area is protected, anyway)
• No PvP unless it is consensual by all parties involved
• Do not build constructions that will cause any unnecessary server strain, such as huge redstone machines
• No exploiting bugs or oversights
So, when can we play??
Not quite yet! We're still prepping a few bits behind the scenes, but you will be able to play on Friday 7th May - 2pm EST / 6pm UTC / 7PM BST! Follow the countdown below to see how long you have to wait.
In the meantime, feel free to ask us any questions in this thread or over in #koopacraft (it's open for pre-discussion!) and one of us will be happy to help!
Can't wait to play with you all!