Banner
Views: 931,801,758
Time:
22 users online: Anas,  Anorakun, bandicoot, Bullymario, drxmario, EpicBrave_YT, Fryinb, Giftshaven, GrumpyWalrus, Holy Shinx,  icrawfish, Infinity, Jeyson29, KekShadow_08, KevinM, Klug, LaggsAreCC, MercuryPenny, nanec, OrangeBronzeDaisy, playagmes169, shibby_markus - Guests: 89 - Bots: 210 Users: 52,017 (2,085 active)
Latest: goku86
Tip: Make sure that ALL exit-enabled pipes, doors, etc. have a screen exit defined, or they'll take you to Level 0, the "endless" bonus game. Unless Start+Select is enabled, the only way out of it is to reset the game.
Not logged in.
Edit Map16 tiles?
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Graphics & Related Topics - Edit Map16 tiles?
Pages: « 1 » Link
Hi, I want to know if it's possible to take a Map16 file and edit it. Like literally, pass it on YY-CHR and then put it back in Lunar Magic. I've dug through some threads but none were helpful...

--------------------
If you mean the actual arrangement of the tiles, that can be done easily with Lunar Magic. But if you want a different graphics altogether, you have to use YY-CHR. A tutorial to using YY-CHR can be found here.




YY-CHR > Photoshop.
Originally posted by BlueToad
If you mean the actual arrangement of the tiles, that can be done easily with Lunar Magic. But if you want a different graphics altogether, you have to use YY-CHR. A tutorial to using YY-CHR can be found here.


I should have been more specific. I want to edit the graphics (not the layout) of the Map16, to correct a weird graphic from a block that I downloaded (and maybe give it to the author for the fix). I'm not sure I can open a Map16.map16 file in YY-CHR, so what am I meant to do?



--------------------
You can enter #lm{8xt} 8*8 editing mode and fix all the wrong graphics yourself in Lunar Magic, you don't need to mess with YY-CHR.




YY-CHR > Photoshop.
YY-CHR can edit graphics files (what the 8x8 tiles look like); Lunar Magic's map16 editor can edit map16 files (how those 8x8 tiles are arranged into 16x16 tiles).

Does the thing you downloaded come with an ExGFX file, did you insert that file and load it in your level, and does it contain the graphics you need? If so, you can just use the map16 editor to rearrange the tiles, as BlueToad described. If not, you will first need to make an ExGFX file (or open an existing one) in YY-CHR and draw the graphics you need.

--------------------


 
Originally posted by WhiteYoshiEgg
YY-CHR can edit graphics files (what the 8x8 tiles look like); Lunar Magic's map16 editor can edit map16 files (how those 8x8 tiles are arranged into 16x16 tiles).

Does the thing you downloaded come with an ExGFX file, did you insert that file and load it in your level, and does it contain the graphics you need? If so, you can just use the map16 editor to rearrange the tiles, as BlueToad described. If not, you will first need to make an ExGFX file (or open an existing one) in YY-CHR and draw the graphics you need.


Nope, no ExGFX were involved. The blocks came with a map16 file, so I imported them and got this. I will try to use my ExGFX.

Originally posted by BlueToad
You can enter #lm{8xt} 8*8 editing mode and fix all the wrong graphics yourself in Lunar Magic, you don't need to mess with YY-CHR.


This doesn't change anything, since the (problematic) custom tiles themselves are badly drawn, broken.

--------------------
These Screen Scrolling Pipes should have comen with GFX files with the purpose of replacing GFX14, GFX15 and GFX17, the latter which contains the missing corner tiles (at the cost of prevent you from using the diagonal pipes but you can always use ExGFX). If you still have got the ZIP: Look up if you can find these. Alternatively, check out in your GFX folder whether the aforementioned graphics have been replaced and press #lm{insgfx} to insert them into the ROM.
Originally posted by MarioFanGamer
These Screen Scrolling Pipes should have comen with GFX files with the purpose of replacing GFX14, GFX15 and GFX17, the latter which contains the missing corner tiles (at the cost of prevent you from using the diagonal pipes but you can always use ExGFX). If you still have got the ZIP: Look up if you can find these. Alternatively, check out in your GFX folder whether the aforementioned graphics have been replaced and press #lm{insgfx} to insert them into the ROM.


Hi. I am either blind or dumb (since I know how to extract and insert GFX) but this was the solution. Thank you!

--------------------
Pages: « 1 » Link
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Graphics & Related Topics - Edit Map16 tiles?

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks