Banner
Views: 932,822,914
Time:
6 users online: bandicoot, Hinalyte, KaidenThelens, Paithus,  RussianMan, Splat3r - Guests: 91 - Bots: 230 Users: 52,067 (2,106 active)
Latest: Graul
Tip: Stay up-to-date with new tool and resource releases on the SMW hacking scene by viewing this forum.
Not logged in.
OnlySprites - My terrible kaizo hack with nothing but sprites
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Summer 2021 - OnlySprites - My terrible kaizo hack with nothing but sprites
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Link
As the title says, I'm making a kaizo hack with nothing but sprites, and using Vitor Vilela's SA-1 pack to make my life easier

Here's a few levels and the title screen!









No release date right now, but only around 14 exits planned

(Dedicated to orka_bln)
Don't you dare say this is terrible! It's very creative and a lot better than my attempt at making a level with only sprites.
Looks good, even though I play no kaizo. So you did apply SA-1.
That's a really neat concept. Looking forward to play it in the future! :D
MY HACKS
The Darkside
Super LSG World
----------------
AUREUS TEAM
This is such a unique and stupid idea, I love it! I want to see it finished somewhere in the near future
GlitchMr must be proud.

This is a cool idea for a hack. I always like it when a hack focuses on a very simple concept and then goes on to utilizing that concept in many creative ways. From the three levels you have shown off, they all look quite challenging, with the last level (the one with the flying ? blocks) standing out as the hardest and most creative.

Do keep up the good work and keeps those creative ideas coming!
One day I had this idea too, but I thought it was so stupid. Hope to see a full hack of it, good luck!
I remember seeing this via the Discord and yeah the idea still holds up well with the levels you've showcased here. I really like how it pushes both the player and the level designer to their limits in a sense.

For the player they got to know how each sprite works when jumped on or interacted with where as the level designer has to know exactly where and when to place to sprite to keep the flow of the level going as there really isn't any room for missing a jump.

It's this all combined together which really makes it a novel concept and I can't wait to see more of this as it progresses. #smrpg{<3}
I hear this guy claims to make really unethical kaizo but he's actually a really soft creator #smrpg{sick}

--------------------
NewPointless
Oh so you're a fan of sprites? Name every sprite

This does seem very interesting though. Kinda reminds me of that "Same sprites, different levels" hack - like Minish said, it's nice to see what can be done with simple base concepts and creativity. Sprite spam done right. #smw{:TUP:}
Originally posted by NewPointless
I hear this guy claims to make really unethical kaizo but he's actually a really soft creator #smrpg{sick}

HEY! mediocre at best is getting done EVENTUALLY
This is a fantastic idea, le4che. Also it's an insane challenge to do a level with only sprites and you're proving that it's possible. This looks fun, although extremely hard. Congratulations on the project, it's a fun idea! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with custom sprites.

Don't dare to say that it's cursed. This is a very neat idea.
Originally posted by Anorakun
This is a fantastic idea, le4che. Also it's an insane challenge to do a level with only sprites and you're proving that it's possible. This looks fun, although extremely hard. Congratulations on the project, it's a fun idea! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with custom sprites.

Don't dare to say that it's cursed. This is a very neat idea.

hehe wait til you see the special world :)
I remember commenting once that you were my source of inspiration to make my own thing using only sprites, because those levels are so silly yet clever. The SA-1 pack really makes miracles.

I wonder how you'll design around a future boss fight room (if there's one). The flying angel block level looks really hard but fun at the same time.

Please make more of this!!
Originally posted by Katerpie
I remember commenting once that you were my source of inspiration to make my own thing using only sprites, because those levels are so silly yet clever. The SA-1 pack really makes miracles.

I wonder how you'll design around a future boss fight room (if there's one). The flying angel block level looks really hard but fun at the same time.

Please make more of this!!


im absolutely HONOURED to have inspired you!!! i have no plans for the boss yet but we'll see when we get there
I hope the hack has SA-1

--------------------
This is awesome. Please don't bring yourself down by calling your work terrible.
Originally posted by Batata Douce
I hope the hack has SA-1

The OP explicitly says it has SA-1 #smrpg{:O}
Very nice hack #smw{:TUP:} , i hope to see completed in the future.

--------------------


"Always be better, be respectful and kind to people".
This is not terrible, is really cool. A good example of SA-1 potential and its features. Excited to play the final version of this. Nice job le4che!
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Link
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Summer 2021 - OnlySprites - My terrible kaizo hack with nothing but sprites

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks