Hello, I'm MarioFanGamer
and welcome to...
For anyone not knowing what 24hoSMW is: The goal is to create a level within the next 24 hours under a specific challenge. And the current challenge is...
The goal is to create a level by focusing on a list of resources and you have to build your level around it.
Now, this might be familiar to you in form of the 11th 24hoSMW
but to give it some differences, instead of having five sprite sets with five sprites each, you instead have to chose one resource from three sprite sets as well as one block and one UberASM code from a list.
- Read the rules.
- Submit your entry as a BPS file. Any other format (including but not limited to SMC and IPS) will result in a disqualification as well as a warning if you submit a ROM.
- Use the included base ROM.
- Use only one resource from each set.
- Include a TXT with a list of all resources which you used with your submission.
- Make sure your level works with SNES9x v1.60 and/or BSNES v115.
You must not:
- Use vanilla sprites.
- Make your level as long as you want, though it's preferable if you keep it below 500 seconds.
- Use as many sublevels as you want.
- Add one secret exit to your level.
- Add custom graphics how many you want. Furthermore, you can replace each sprite set with your own graphics too.
- Add custom musics how many you want. Replacing global songs is also possible.
- Edit the overworld.
- Use no included resource at all or use more than one resource from each set. This includes if you add them for fun and wouldn't affect the level itself and may result in some investigations of your level. Breaking it results in a disqualification. Seriously, you're missing the point of the contest...
- Submit more than one level. You are allowed to put smaller hubs not unlike Yoshi's House or Top Secret Area and mark them appropriately. Breaking it results in a disqualification.
- Add any patch as well as blocks, sprites and UberASM codes to the baseROM. This includes overwriting SMW's code with level data with Lunar Magic. Breaking it results in a disqualification.
We will investigate if something seems off so don't try this.
- Modify the tools' code (internal or external). Breaking it results in a disqualification.
Note: The only exception is changing the music in AMK's tweaks.asm but no other changes should be done there.
- Work with one or more partners. Breaking it results in a disqualification.
- Submit an already existing level, one which has been created before this contest started. Breaking it results in a disqualification.
- Reveal your name in an obvious way inside your entry. You can reveal your name outside since the entries get randomised names but the entry itself must be anonymous. Breaking it results in a -1 point penality.
- Submit an overly difficult or joke level. Breaking it results in a disqualification.
Scoring is split into three categories:
- Design: 30
Design is very obvious: Is the level fun, is it rewarding or does it end up frustrating the players?
- Creativity: 15
Because of the gimmick, creativity focuses on the resources themselves: How well you have used them, how good are they integrated into your level?
- Aesthetics: 5
This one is simple too: Does the level look nice for the eyes, are the graphics inconsistent?
As a result, there are in total 50 points to gather.
The Resource Sets
This is the most important list.
- Sprites 1:
- Sprites 2:
- Sprites 3:
Due to the rules but also to make the gimmick more accessible, I provide you a base ROM with each resource installed. It also has got SA-1, unlimited lives as well as Dynamic Spriteset installed. See the ZIP for more details and make sure to read the instruction manual. It contains information to each resource as well how to use UberASM in this baseROM since you can't normally insert UberASM codes within Lunar Magic.
Download to the base ROM can be found
The top three entries will get
They also receive a gold, silver or bronze trophy (for first, second and third, respectively) while participants get a greeen one:
This thread serves not only as a place for the contest's rules but also is the place where you must submit your entries. Discussions will be removed since they belong to the other thread
. If you want to update your entry, please make sure to update your post and not create another.
Submissions are, obviously, open for 24 hours, closing at July 11th at 18:00 UTC
Edit: Removed the MSU-1 rule since I didn't consider you need a patch as well as a custom build AddmusicK which conflicts with other rules.