Build Contest #1
Theme: Build Mario a new house!
Yep! You read that right. A brand-new contest for all you KoopaCraft players to take part in. As part of our "Build Contest" series, we'll give you a theme, and you build something adhering to that theme in a specified timeframe. Once that time is up, all the entries will be put up for a community vote to decide the winner. It's as simple as that.
• Your contest entry must be built on our Contest Map
(more info on that below in "How to Enter") and within the timeframes of this contest. Anything built outside this map (on the creative, survival map, etc) or any previous builds cannot be submitted.
• There are no restrictions on blocks you can use - anything accessible from the Creative Mode inventory is fair game. You cannot ask for or use blocks that are obtained outside of this (such as command blocks, barrier blocks, etc).
• You should take all reasonable efforts to keep your build anonymous. While on the Contest Map, build your entry a decent distance away from other entries as to help not give away who built what. If you purposely disclose your build to others and you're found out, you will be disqualified.
• You can
work in pairs, or on your own.
• People will have the chance to look around your build in-game, so you're free to add any interactive mechanics (such as redstone).
• All of our normal server rules still apply. Do not touch, damage, or grief other player's builds.
Your theme is to build Mario a new house
! We're keeping the theme for our first contest fairly broad. You can make the house in any style, though if you make it Mario-themed somehow, that's always a plus!
How to Enter
To enter, you'll need to build your entry on our Contest Map
specially setup for this contest. You can access this map with the command
. You'll be in Creative Mode, so fly a suitable distance away to an area to build your entry.
To submit your entry, you need to PM the coordinates of your build to Tahixham
(that's me!) by the deadline (a site PM, not
a Discord DM). If you want to, you can also name your entry. If you want to edit your entry after you've PM'd it, simply go back to the map and edit it. There's no need to send another PM as we won't take images until the deadline has been reached.
If an entry is not submitted via PM but is still on the map at close of the contest, it will not count.
You have one week
from the time of this post (until EXACTLY 17th July, 20:00 UTC) to build and submit your entry. To help you with that, there's a handy timer below. Once that's up, we'll announce the voting.
Contest closes in: Closed.
Voting will be open for three days from when we open it. We'll provide a list of all the entries with pictures, and you'll be able to vote via a thread poll your favourite three (each vote will have the same weight). We'll also open up the map for you to explore the builds so you can see them in-game.
We have some cool prizes up for grabs. Firstly, we have these pretty trophies (see below in the spoiler). First, second, and third place respectively - and then a participant trophy too.
Additionally, we have some in-game prizes available too. First place will receive a pair of Diamond Boots with Feather Falling VIII (8)
- an elite pair of boots that will really help you break those large falls. Second place will receive a bunch of Diamonds, 20 Diamonds in fact! And third place will receive a few less Diamonds - 10 of them. If a pair wins, they'll both receive the prize (it won't be split between them both).
And that's all the info! Good luck with your entries! We can't wait to see what you come up with. Feel free to ask any questions here or in #koopacraft on Discord.