-Bracket is viewable here.
-Voting periods last 48 hours, assuming nothing goes wrong.
-Pick the song from each battle that you like the most.
Welcome, everyone! I’d like to introduce to you all to SMWC’s First Annual Music Tourney! Here you’ll be voting on your favorite…
What’s that? You’re saying I’ve done this multiple times in the past already? I think you’re confusing that with the VGM Tourney, or perhaps the Non-VGM Tourney. You see, in this tourney, any type of music will be accepted for submission. Here’s how it goes:
- You can nominate up to four songs total.
- You can only nominate one track per artist, and only one track per album/soundtrack. Artists cannot have more than five total nominations.
- Feature credits are not included in the artist total, and remixes are allowed; the remixer is considered the primary artist in that case.
- Each nomination must have a working video link; while Youtube is preferred, Soundcloud or Bandcamp are also acceptable.
- For Youtube, you can use this site to see if your video is blacklisted in any countries.
- Please format nominations as [Artist – Song]. EDIT: This applies to video games as well; please list the actual composer instead of just the video game.
In addition to the above rules, the following tracks will be excluded from nomination, as they all have already won tourneys (thanks to K.T.B. for tracking them all down):
- Tim Follin - BGM 1 [Silver Surfer] (2010 - 2012)
- Shoji Meguro - Battle Hymn of the Soul [Persona 3] (2014 Modern)
- Tim Follin - Beach [Plok] (2014 Retro)
- Shinji Hosoe - Ternary Game  (2016)
- Radiohead - Idioteque (2017 Non-VGM)
- Dean Evans - Diving [Waterworld] (2018)
- Progger - Dystopia (2019 Non-VGM)
- mewithoutYou - Bear's Vision of St. Agnes (2020 Non-VGM)
Voting will be in the same style as the last tourney; first round will be picking your favorite two of eight songs, with the remaining rounds being a seeded bracket. Voting periods will last two days; be sure to check Discord for updates!
Nomination period ends Thursday, September 16th at 7:00 PM EST.