Build Contest #2
Ooooooh~~ It's a spooky season...
Welcome to our second KoopaCraft Build Contest (officially named Build Contest #2). Here, we give you a theme, and your job is to go and build something adhering to that theme. Simple enough, eh? Then everyone get's to go vote on their favs, and we crown a winner and all is dandy.
• Your contest entry must be built on our Contest Map
(more info on that below in "How to Enter") and within the timeframes of this contest. Anything built outside this map (on the creative, survival map, etc) or any previous builds cannot be submitted.
• There are no restrictions on blocks you can use - anything accessible from the Creative Mode inventory is fair game. You cannot ask for or use blocks that are obtained outside of this (such as command blocks, barrier blocks, etc).
• You should take all reasonable efforts to keep your build anonymous. While on the Contest Map, build your entry a decent distance away from other entries as to help not give away who built what. If you purposely disclose your build to others and you're found out, you will be disqualified.
• You can
work in pairs, or on your own.
• People will have the chance to look around your build in-game, so you're free to add any interactive mechanics (such as redstone).
• All of our normal server rules still apply. Do not touch, damage, or grief other player's builds.
It's Halloween (almost), so we're monopolising on that and giving you the task of building something Haunted
. This is a fairly vague theme, and there's no real restriction on what you can build here, as long as it fits the theme!
How to Enter
To enter, you'll need to build your entry on our Contest Map
specially setup for this contest. You can access this map with the command
. You'll be in Creative Mode, so fly a suitable distance away to an area to build your entry.
To submit your entry, you need to PM the coordinates of your build to Tahixham
(that's me!) by the deadline (a site PM, not
a Discord DM). If you want to, you can also name your entry. If you want to edit your entry after you've PM'd it, simply go back to the map and edit it. There's no need to send another PM as we won't take images until the deadline has been reached.
If an entry is not submitted via PM but is still on the map at close of the contest, it will not count.
If you have any specific requests with regard to screenshots of your build for voting, you are more than welcome to send up to four screenshots with your submission. These must
be taken without shaders or texture packs (ie, look vanilla), as this is how we will take screenshots - this keeps it fair.
You have exactly one week
from the time of this post (15th October, 20:00 UTC to
22nd October, 20:00 UTC
31st October, 21:00 UTC) to build and submit your entry. To help you with that, there's a handy timer below. Once that's up, we'll announce the voting.
Contest closes in:
Voting will be open for three days from when we open it. We'll provide a list of all the entries with pictures, and you'll be able to vote via a thread poll your favourite three (each vote will have the same weight). We'll also open up the map for you to explore the builds so you can see them in-game.
Our trophies from last time make a return! 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and participant, respectively.
Additionally, we have some in-game prizes available too (for the current Survival map). First place will receive a pair of Smite X (10) Netherite Sword
- to help you slay those scary Halloween monsters, + 48 Diamonds + Your Choice of 1 Spawn Egg (but 2 if you choose Witch because Hazel likes Witches). Second place will receive 40 Diamonds; and third place 20 Diamonds.
If a pair wins, they'll both receive the prize (it won't be split between them both).
And that's all the info! Good luck with your entries! We can't wait to see what you come up with. Feel free to ask any questions here or in #koopacraft on Discord.